Powering off LEDs while still connected to a Rpi4

• Hello all,

Just getting into RPi & Hyperion; currently setting up all the required hardware.

I wish to turn off the LEDs via Google Assistant/Alexa; as I wanted to only use one Pi I'm trying to stay away from Home Assistant.

My thought was to use a TUYA Smart Plug to turn off power to the LEDs PSU (probably separate from the Pi's PSU).

However, on Adafruits "Best Practice" it states:

• Avoid connecting NeoPixels to a live circuit. If you simply must, always connect ground first, then +5V, then data. Disconnect in the reverse order.
    • If powering the pixels with a separate supply, apply power to the pixels before applying power to the microcontroller.

...does this stay true for a RPi Hyperion setup? What issues could using a Smart Plug cause?

If ill-advised, what other suggestions do you have to integrate smart control?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • rcarmichael , you mentioned an ST device handler. Are you referring to an older one? Bc I've been searching high and dry for either an alexa or Smartthings option for Hyperion and I've got nothing. There was something really old that no longer works. Can you share the working ST DTH? Have you tested it?

Fingers crossed bc this will change the game for me!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!