USB 4K Capture Card - No TV Signal

• Hello,

I've got Hyperbian running on a Pi 3B with a 4K USB capture card plugged in and WS2812B LED's

I've got my 4K Fire stick plugged into the Input and my TV plugged into Output

The Capture card says it supports HDMI 2 and HDCP 2.2 but when I plug everything in, I can't get a signal on the TV?

I can view the capture via Hyperion on the 'Monitor' button

On the dashboard, if i press 'Disable Instance' then the video shows up on the TV but that turns all the LED's off.

Logs attached

• The first thing I'd do is double check that your cables support all the right protocols. I had to get 18Gbps cables to get my Chromecast working properly with my 4k/HDR switch.

• I have tried two cables but none of them say what quality they are.. but if I disable Hyperion it does pass through fully and I don't get any issues playing 4K films on my Fire Stick.. I'll try buying another cable though just in case!

• Both cards has USB 3.0 output. I guess, the RPi 3B can't handle this, because it's only USB 2.0, too low data rate... maybe.

Why do you bought this expensive cards? (you need an extra HDMI splitter) or works without issues with Rpi3.

But all cards with the Macrosilicon MS2109 chipset should working fine.:thumbup:

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Thanks for that Mike, I found the capture cards based on a YouTube video I was following, in the video he is using a Pi 3B with the same capture card with USB3

Do the cards you sent work with HDCP 2.2 and 4K output to TV?

Here is the video I followed:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Do the cards you sent work with HDCP 2.2 and 4K output to TV?

4K seems working...

HDCP 2.2..., I don't know. I used this only with 1080p. It could be you need for a extra HDMI-Splitter with integrated Downscaler. More information about this in the german forum.

• With the first "USB 3.0 Cofee Mini" is a splitter required.

The others are all in one, but all these "Colors" have USB 3.0 outputs. Works surely with RPi4, but RPi3 or PiZero has only USB 2.0.

I don't know if they works properly...

• Don't understand... if you only grab a internal mediaplayer like Kodi on the Pi4 you don't need.

If you want to grab external sources like Satelite receiver, BluRay player,... you need.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!