LED layout not saving

• I have a bit of a strange bug. I've got my LED strip configured as an Adalight using an Arduino with this sketch.

However, the LED layout refuses to save with any configuration other than the following.

I have ~120 LEDS, so I would like to set 40 on top and bottom and 20 on left and right, but when I click save nothing happens and upon a browser refresh, all settings have reverted. In the logs I see the following message around when I tried to save. What does this mean?

Code
     2021-04-10T02:45:56.009Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (ERROR) data size is not multiple of width 2021-04-10T02:46:03.213Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (ERROR) Previous line repeats 11 times
    • Offizieller Beitrag

alexwaibel The "save-problem" is a known issue and is fixed by PR1164.
    Nevertheless, it is only a presentation issue, the data were saved.
    I suggest you paste into the textfield, save the config (no preview) and then refresh the page.
    It should now show the saved layout. Otherwise restart hyperion to be on the save side.

On the first problem, I did not come across before.
    a) Which hyperion version are you using?

b) Are you using a fresh install?

c) Have you exported/imported a configuration from a previous version?

d) Suggest you also remove Cookies

• Lord-Grey

> a) Which hyperion version are you using?

- Deployed using this docker image: https://hub.docker.com/r/sirfragalot/hyperion.ng

- Version: 2.0.0-alpha.9

- Build: (HEAD detached at 83338dc3) (Paulchen Panther-ca50487e/83338dc3-1605733041)

> b) Are you using a fresh install?

Yes, I just reinstalled fresh today

> c) Have you exported/imported a configuration from a previous version?

No, just created a new instance and applied settings via the web interface.

> d) Suggest you also remove Cookies

The same problem occurs in an incognito Window. Of course I first had to change my settings level, but I tried immediately after to paste in the config and apply without previewing. I saw no save banner and the changes were lost on refresh.

• Offizieller Beitrag

alexwaibel Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue.
    Nevertheless, one thing to note, if you use an adalight device, you need to pass the device to the docker.
    But you might have already considered it. The above is not too clear how you started the docker...

docker run --device=/dev/ttyACM0 -d -v /home/thomas/hyperion.ng-docker:/root/.hyperion --name="Hyperion" --network host sirfragalot/hyperion.ng:2.0.0-alpha.9-x86_64

or you expose all devices via

-v /dev:/dev

• data size is not multiple of width

Lord-Grey I mostly was curious about the meaning of this error log from my original post if perhaps you’ve seen it before. My setup is quite convoluted so certainly the error could be elsewhere, I can’t reasonably ask you to try to repro but happy to take suggestions if you have any.

For context, I’m running this as a single replica in a 1 node kubernetes cluster. The helm release for this can be found here. Which uses this chart.

Elsewhere in the same repo/cluster I run home assistant with a zwave usb dongle passed in and functioning. I’ve made sure to mount my capture card and ambilight to Hyperion in the same fashion.

• Offizieller Beitrag

alexwaibel Sure, and sorry I diverted from answering the error itself...
    The error is showing to a WS-socket protocol problem.

Lately, I identified and fixed a bug related to fragmented WS frames:

https://github.com/hyperion-pr…2354652d4471ff3452ef4fd19

Not sure, why a layout save resulted into this error which I have not seen before.
    The current master already includes that fix.
    In case you would be able to e.g. install a current PR like PR1164, you could check, if it would solve the issue on your end with the next release (plus giving us the confidence that the bug was fixed, too).

• Lord-Grey no need to apologize, I just don’t want to waste your time if the issue isn’t actually with Hyperion. I appreciate your responses and that you’ve taken time to help me.

Sounds like an updated docker image would likely fix it. I’ll try to get one running on my cluster when i find some time and report back. Worst case I can wait for the next major release, but I’d like to be able to confirm for you before then that it’s fixed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!