Hyperion Ambilight works like a charm with APA102 - how to add Hue Lights?

• Hello,

I have built a Hyperion setup with a APA102 60 LED/m connected to the GPIO of a Raspberry Pi 4. The Grabber is a HDMI/USB-Grabber. At first I had problems with the response, but with rising the baud rate for the strip and lowering the grabbers resolution I got a very very pleasing result.

Now I wanted to integrate some Hue Lights. I created an additional instance for those in Hyperion NG and tried to set them up. If I don't use Hue Entertainment Mode - they work. But very laggy with very slow fading etc. - so I tried Hue Entertainment Mode. The Assistant finds the entertainment zone setup by the hue app, it detects the lights, when I use "flash blue" in the assistant the lights do flash (not blue but in their current color, but nevermind). BUT: I won't get them to synchronize with the image. The will just do nothing. I tried to stop and restart the instance several times, tried different grabber settings, ... what am I missing?

One thing to add: With a lot of clicking around I got them to work, but somehow the APA102 stopped working. I changed to that instance, checked the live video - no video. Went to "grabber" and unchecked / rechecked the USB grabbing. APA102 started working again (phew) but the Hues stopped. Since then the Hues won't work...

• Can I ask how you got the Pi to power the LED off the GPIO? I have 5V LED and tried to use the 5V pin in the Pi but no joy, just random flickering and so forth.

• I have a new 5V mean well. 4K splitter and a HDMI/usb capture card instead of the analog usb/RCA to test with.

Only the first led is lighting(green) nothing more works for me. Have i forgotten something?

Dtparam is fixed.

I see the picture of the live stream in Hyperion and set it to 720*480

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!