USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture 4KVC00 Not Working

• Asik

Hat den Titel des Themas von „USB 3.0 HDMI Capture“ zu „USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture 4KVC00 Not Working“ geändert.
  • I'm looking at this capture card for the CEC, but it seems a little too good to be true... would love to see if you're able to get this working with your setup!

• I ended up trying it out myself and while I was able to technically get it working, the results were sub-par to say the least: I was getting signal to my TV and lights, but the LEDs had a three second update lag, even after setting the USB capture resolution all the way down to 512 x 288 and size decimation to 20 ?

CEC also didn't work at all, but I wasn't really expecting that claim to be true for a ~$40 capture card. I'm returning it and trying the HDMI splitter-single output capture card route instead. Found this (apparently) CEC splitter online if you're interested in trying it out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll post the results when I get it!

update: that splitter worked! CEC is working like a charm ?

• I saw that you have trouble with this device and I want to test by myself if it's working.

First, I test on my Windows Notebook but the capture is not working ( maybe power problem ).

Then i test on my Mac and I got a picture. Finally I test on my raspberry pi and I got the same message than you.

After plugged a 3A adapter to the Pi, everything is working as expected.

My source is an Amazon fire stick 4K.

Screenshot when I made a lsusb

and a dmesg when I plug the device

Good news : No video pattern

Bad news : Not CEC ( but i use the soldering method to have it )

• AmbiMod

Can you share the Output from

Code
    usb-devices
    v4l2-ctl --all
    v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext

Best in spoiler and not as screenshot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The card needs 5V 600mA, that shouldn't be a problem with the RPI USB 3.0, USB 2.0 only delivers up to 500mA.

Do you use USB 3.0?

For v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext USB 3.0 makes sense so that we can see all the results.

You also write

Zitat von AmbiMod

CEC works without modification, HDR to SDR tone mapping and HDCP 2.2

But some issue with frequency change

If you use Adapt frequency from video for example

What do you do when the problem occurs?

Except to avoid the problem.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!