pi zero + webcam setup

• Here is my setup

- pi zero

- logitech c270 camera

- apa102 (only 80 leds)

- 4 meters cable between leds and pi zero

- woodeen frame

All made of spare part, on my older TV i had an hyperion setup with pi zero, usb grabber + splitter.

I changed because of two reasons

1. new TV, PS5, HDMI 2.1 : i didn't want compromise on HDMI flux and cheap 2.1 splitters doesn't exist
    2. Always add problems. sometimes grabber or splitter stop working for a second or mire. I restarded Hyperion instance 3 times a day. Sometime image stopped from beeing on TV

A wooden frame, pi zero in the old box containing all grabbers/splitters, hdmi cables.. He has planty of room now

Why the frame? Because ma TV is far from the wall (my room looks like a slice of pizza)

With the frame the lefty led strip can light up the left wall

Say hello to the camera

The green button switch on/off the system

The cable from pi to leds is hiddent between the floor and the wall. But it works with ESP8266 too.

Honestly, I thought the result would be "blah" and I am pleasantly surprised :

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

Next step :

• Replace the big white box with a small wood box to fit pi zero + webcam
    • Bring the button closer to the couch avoid moving the camera by error when swichting off

More infos here (camera tweaks, long cable):

• Hi i don't get where is the camera positioned in relation to the tv? How long are the wires that drive the led strip?

Would it be possible to connect camera over wifi? (using ie. esp32 to stream data from the cam)

I'm looking for inspirations how to hide the camera that will be watching the tv.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!