Stability and Configuration Help for WLED and 4K sources

• I'm troubleshooting stability issues where Hyperion will appear to stop working and I need to either restart the instances, wled, or pi itself. I'm not sure if this is an hdmi format issue or config issue. After multiple restarts and reboots, I can usually get things working, but the next time I turn the TV on, everything has to be rebooted again. I think this may be an issue with the way I have all the hardware connected, but not sure. Sometimes the live video display in Hyperion is not showing anything, which makes me think the capture card may be the culprit. But rebooting everything seems to fix the issue.

My setup...

Sources: PS5, Xbox 1 X, Apple TV 4k, all connected to AVR

AVR: Denon x3700h

TV: Samsung UN65KS8000

Capture Card: ZasLuke 4k USB 3.0

Hyperion: Raspberry Pi 4 B. 3 instances running.

LED: 3 @ NodeMCU ESP8266 with WLED. One behind TV, and two on separate crown moldings

I have Monitor1 on the AVR going to the TV, and Monitor2 going to the capture card. The raspberry pi is connected to my wifi AP via cable, and the NodeMCU's are on the same wifi from the AP the pi is connected to.

New to Hyperion, please let me know what other details I can provide that would help troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

• Use a switch, not the second output of the AVR and under no circumstances loop out on the grabber.

This will solve most problems and you will have all the resolutions your TV supports!

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks pclin. Do you have one you recommend? Are you referring to a 4x2 matrix switch? Are you suggesting all sources go to the matrix, and then one output to the avr, and the other to capture card?

Will I lose any arc or cec capabilities?

Thanks.

• Will I lose any arc or cec capabilities?

Probably, if your AVR has two simultanate output i recommand you to use it to avoid lose of HDMI capabilities.

are you using a good power supply with your pi4? Maybe there is a power loss that fail the capture card.

You can test your capture card on your computer with (exemple with OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/download )

• Zitat

are you using a good power supply with your pi4?

Right now I'm using the official Raspberry Pi 4 power supply. I have used the capture card on PC a little. But that's not a bad idea to look at the PSU.

• I have Monitor1 on the AVR going to the TV, and Monitor2 going to the capture card.

some receivers ( with me was the same) are only equiped for HDMI main OUT signals on port one, HDMI sub OUT is a kind of dubbed HDMI signal which can be altered into a straight clone/or sub or double sub HDMI out on port 2.

which setting i used, it didn't make any diffrence, spend hours on it.......the ports MAIN and SUB with me are NOT equiped for simultaniously HDMI output when EDID has been asked by the connected device.

it just doesn't work.

what works is a good quality splitter which has no problem with CEC/HDCP and EDID connected to MAIN HDMI out :)

now no problems anymore, e-ARC i solved in a diffrent matter.

• Zitat

what works is a good quality splitter which has no problem with CEC/HDCP and EDID connected to MAIN HDMI out now no problems anymore, e-ARC i solved in a diffrent matter.

I think that's my issue. Asking the AVR to do something it wasn't made for. I have seen references in my docs that if two displays are connected that it will reduce both outputs to the lowest denominator.

I purchased this splitter, just waiting for it to arrive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VP37KMB/

How did you work around ARC?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!