Safe temps for the LEDs?

• The led parts are in the mail...
    Meanwhile, i'm wondering about the highest temp that is safe for the led... My tv has an aluminium back and it gets really hot.... Do i need to take precautions? :/:/

• iJokerboy

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Safe temps for the led?“ zu „Safe temps for the LEDs?“ geändert.
  • Normally not. I builded many ambilights with Hyperion and there was no issues with temperature. I think the hotspots are in the middle of your TV, not at the edges. But if you unsure, you can build a frame for the LEDs.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• i would build a frame anyway because the selfadhesive of ledstrips isn't really that great/poor.

strip will be falling off in matter of times especially when surface is too hot, glue will change structure and let go.

and believe me; nothing is more hairpulling than finished your new project and then to find out the adhesive is letting go and you have to reattach it all the time, happend to a friend of mine :)

• yeah, and i think the leds are fine with a little high temperatures.

i made a frame out of PVC (electrical pipes) in 5/8 and 3/4 to make it stirdy and cornering, i used metal brackets with special adhesive tape ( leaves no residue) to stick on the tv.

then used ziptys to connect the frame to the brackets and stick the ledstrip on that and used again ziptys to make sure ledstrip stays put on the frame.

you can see it on my selfbuild link

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!