Can't get leds to come on

• Offizieller Beitrag

wesleymc21 If the LED switch does not stay on, I suggest you lock in the Hyperion Log ("System->Log")

and see what the error reported is....

Most likely its is

LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'

Then you need to run Hyperion under root, given your setup and LED type used...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, your post contains bias information...

If the error is „mmap failed“ as in your posted log-line, then you need to run Hyperion under root, as I told you before.

If you get a Hardware not supported error as you write in the text, the log should be different and the reason is different too.

Here the WS281x library requires an update.

This has been been already fixed in Hyperion’s master. Following options for you:

1. wait for the next release (no ETA)

2. build Hyperion yourself

3. use a development build artifact e.g. from PR1164 https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/1164

-> It is always beneficial to share more concrete details that the community can help efficiently.

• oh yeah,s orry. I have my led strip connected to the GPIO18 and if I use a pyhton code it works, but with Hyperion I have the Hardware not supported error

2021-05-08T15:55:33.830Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

How could I build Hyperion myself or use a development build artifact? (I'm newbie so i''m a bit lost)

• Offizieller Beitrag

wesleymc21 No sure what you are looking for...?

Just look two posts before yours in THIS tread and you find the answer....

• I don't know if I did something wrong or what but it still doesn't work for me. After compiling, what should I do?

And I tried using the development artifact 1164 but it says it doesn't exist so i can't use it

• @icxruus

u need to adjust toe compile script, after the step of git clone u need to pause the script:

what i did is:

Code
    git clone --recursive --depth 1 -q ${GIT_REPO_URL} ${CODE_PATH} || { echo "---> Failed to download Hyperion source code! Abort"; exit 1; }
    fi
    read -n 1 -r -s -p $'Press enter to continue...\n'   #that line to pause the script
    #Remove previous build area, if no incremental build

then edit file in separate session

Code
    hyperion/dependencies/external/rpi_ws281x/rpihw.c

add

Code
    {
            .hwver = 0xc03114,
            .type = RPI_HWVER_TYPE_PI4,
            .periph_base = PERIPH_BASE_RPI4,
            .videocore_base = VIDEOCORE_BASE_RPI2,
            .desc = "Pi 4 Model B - 4GB v1.4"
        },

if that is the RP4 u use. then after editing press any key for the compile script to continue :) and it iwll work :D

M

• I'm also experiencing the same problem with revision a03115. I tried updating the dependencies but I either couldn't figure it out or it didn't work.

Here's my log:

you'll see it has the line "2022-03-02T00:38:13.023Z [LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'"

Here is the info from my pi using cat /proc/cpuinfo

Code
    Hardware    : BCM2835
    Revision    : a03115
    Serial        : 10000000c35ef311
    Model        : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

• See here and for ws281x sudo updateHyperionUser -u root.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Any more suggestions here? I've also followed the steps here with no success. My understanding of github is pretty limited, but I wanted to create a new branch with the necessary dependencies but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Frustrating because I want to run emulationstation and hyperion and the pi B+ I have can't handle both. That's why I got the new pi and now it's just a headache. Also just to make sure, I tried installing hyperion on top of raspian lite as well as on top of retropie. Same errors regardless.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can give it a try installing the nightly build version.

https://apt.hyperion-project.org/#nightly

There is a newer version of the external ws281x Library included.

• I know this is fairly old, but please read the documentation. I ran into this issue, and on the current stable version (2.0.15) it states that you must run

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

if you want to use ws281x library. I have tried numerous other outcomes and loading many different OS's while adding in Hyperion, have tried Hyperbian, and so much more. This one command should take care of it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!