Hyperbian - SK6812 144LED/M

• Hello Gentelmens,

i'm writing beacuse im stuck and i dont know what to do next, im new enthusiast of ambilight and when i saw it in yt diy I thought I must have it :D

But im facing dificulites, if anybady could help i will be willgness.

So i collect all parts :

- SKW6812 144LED/1M X5 [NOW 4 - one burn ] [https://pl.aliexpress.com/item….8148356.4.1a834382W2xC97]

- EXTERNAL PS [ https://pl.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.6da95c0f63mJZT ]

* im newbie in electrical topics so ask chinese men to explain me how he calculate my need for power supply, and he give me this :

0.24w * 144led/m * 5m/5=34.56A, so 5v30A is sufficient. I hope so he send me what i need....

- Pi 3 b+ [ second, my first i burn xD ]

- SPLITTER/SWITCHER/ETC

now i try connect as POC and when all be working i will install all on tv,

my config is now :

+ all power from the same source [ external power supply ]

+ pi with hyperbian

- using GPIO10 / Led Controller [ on web ] set to sk6812spi

- GPIO grounded to the same point where led strip and Pi [ on power supply [V-] ]

- config.txt : dtparam=spi=on, dtparam=audio=off

here sie preview:

pi.jpg

https://ibb.co/pJZ3jzh

when i setting 144 led in led layout on web it seems it working, when i set some effect it working properly [ LED test, atomic etc ]
    But when i adding second strip so i getting 288 leds, set setting layout on 144 top 144left and it stop working any diod is no more flashing

But when i set layout 144 top, 100 left it start working but :

- baudrate 2100000 - leds only flash on white color, not all, only ~200

- baudrate 5100000 - leds flash randomly on pink/red/white, only ~100,

and my question, is any limitation of leds in on led strip in software ? Or what could couse this ?

For the more helpfull person there is a reward ! [ not big but still :P ]

-----------------------------

PS.1

So i tried another configuration, i each led strip powering directly from power supply. I notcited that cables which goes from directly fronm PS -> led1strip -> led2strip got very hot after 10 min. But this change nothing changed.

PS.2

I remove resistor from Pi-> resistor -> led1strip. still the same.

• Hello my friends,

sorry for delay but i have a lot on head
    But back to topic,

Zitat

Lighting-guy77

power the strip especially the 144l/mtr types from BOTH sides, you need at least 15A PSU

I did like Lighting-guy77 told but still result is the same.

Config :

- every led strip is powered in both sides directly from PSU,

- i checked if maybe ledstrip is broken [one data line] but i switch second with first and the result was the same

i notcied strange behavior, when i set in web config led to 288 [2x144] and set layout according to leds, led strip not working/flashing. i changed butrate but still nothing. When i for example set below 288leds-> 200/230 and set layout according to led every thing is ok, tested on led effect - led test.

It could be smth wrong with PSU ? But still i think i have more power then i use to run 2 ledstrip ...
    Any tip what check next ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

hey,

could provide some detailed photos please.

288 is not to much for hyperion...so no problem...

did you take care of the running direction from the strips?

can you share a screenshot from your led layout with the settings

• Hi, first of all.....sorry for my bad english.

I'm facing exact the same problem. Same hardware configuration as WRO. Powered both stripes from both sides. But I can say this is not a wiring or a power problem.

After some testing i think there is some problem with an 8 bit restriction.

The stripes are working until the count of configured LED's is greater than 254. But where is the problem. Maybe the controller on the SK6812. Or i have overlooked a configuration setting in hyperion?

Maybe someone here has an Idea.

gawall

• I have tested the same configuration but with an arduino uno and adafruit neopixel. No problem occured. All 288 LED's are working like expected. So i think the problem must be within hyperion. Maybe a configuration problem? Any hint is welcome :)

• hello,

thank you all for answers and willing to help,

but back to the topic, so

i had here writed msg but today GAWALL post i think is point changer. And yes if im closer to 254 then i had more difficult to get to work led strips. I searched on google and I encountered on RU sites that Pi GPIO DATA voltage is to small for this strip ? And if you add to pi some external board ? it start working ... But i translated all site so it could be some translation issues ...

LED Controller config :

1. led count : 245, led test is on, working good

2. led count : 288, led test is on, led strip not flashing

for both : baudrate 4000000, refresh time : 1k

Here is layout :

1.jpg

If i changing leds count i set LEFT properties [ i hope TPmodding you wanted this ]

Here is how is conneted all

4.jpg

For wladi

IMG-20210525-213949.jpg

little messy, i know ;p

Regards,

Have a good day !

• Zitat von TPmodding

on the bottom and right you have 0 leds? is this right?

could you do me favor and test with left/right/top/bottom 72 leds

Yes but only for proof of concept...

what i calculated i will be needed about 100 left / right, and top about 280

But i will try your config and let you know. :)

Zitat von wladi

Connections should be fine. I dont know if there any issues with direct connection of LED Strip to RPi, eventually you can try D1 mini based WLED to control the LED Strip.

thank you for checking and advice, i will check how it will be cost of this.

After all guys i think i will buy strip what will be working, i bought this strip because i wanted 'better/more powerfull' filling of ambilight, now I just want to this device to work :P So i think i will buy simple WS2812B Black PCB....

But still if someone have some know what to do, please share your knowlage.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!