Anyone tried RGB COB SK6812 LEDs yet?

• Hey guys

First post here :) Looking at making an ambilight again after many years.

I see addressable COB leds are hitting the market but not much talk of them. 332led/m

Anyone tried them yet?

Expensive though @ +-$35usd per metre

SK6812 - not sure if they have RGBW?

e.g.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001797313434.html

Thoughts? Are the best LEDs to use at the moment still SK6812 RGBNW? I'm looking at the 144led/m currently to run around 6m of them on a 75"

• Offizieller Beitrag

for this "amount" of leds i would definitely use a "external controller" at least a esp32

• Haha I was waiting for that. I'm not ready to build mine yet so wouldn't have a platform to test on. Just doing research and was wondering if anyone has tried these or was interested in trying these first! If anyone has let us know

• I was just logging in to ask this exact question. My only concern is the number of actual "pixels" in the strip. While there might be hundreds of LEDs per meter (the one I found on Amazon was 630) there aren't actually that many "pixels" in the strip. This example only has 10 pixels per meter. So one pixel every 10 cm or 63 actual LEDs. That means that you are only able to change the color every 10 cm and every set of 63 LEDs will be identical. That is a VERY long way before being able to change the color and I would fear would make the color look really "blocky" and not as tied to the on-screen image.

This is what made me reconsider trying out these LEDs and sticking with the standard SK6812s.

• More than 60 LED/m makes little sense for Hyperion Ambilight.

More than 60 LED/m is for lighting and effects.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!