Hyperion cant connect to a device symlink-ed Adalight

• With multiple USB devices i created a symlink through udev to make sure after booting or whatever may happen my adalight (el cheapo Arduino Nano) wil always be reachable on "ttyUSBhyperion"

Code: /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usb-serial.rules
    SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1a86", ATTRS{idProduct}=="7523", SYMLINK+="ttyUSBhyperion"

and the command readlink -f /dev/ttyUSBhyperion nicely returns /dev/ttyUSB1 (in this case the correct device

When i configure the adalight with outputpath /dev/ttyUSB1 it functions great... but when i configure it with /dev/ttyUSBhyperion the log returns the following error

2021-05-16T14:18:41.971Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'Invalid serial device name: [ttyUSBhyperion]!'

Hyperion 1.0.0 had no issues with this symlink like this but since i updated to "NG"/2.x i need to use the direct /dev/ttyUSBX

Is there something im missing here or is this a bug/feature of Hyperion NG?

Hyperionversion: 2.0.0-alpha.9

LED Device: Arduino Nano adalight

• geephile

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Hyperion cant connect to a device symlink“ zu „Hyperion cant connect to a device symlink-ed Adalight“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

geephile Is it ok to display the udev and "real" devices next to each other in the device selection drop-down?
    Or is there a special need to mark the udev ones explicitly as such? Below the udev device is the selected one.

Edit: You can test udev-Support via PR1246

• Lord-Grey Sorry for the delay in answering

Trying to test your solution gave me the error as described in post:

So following that thread (and adding info if needed) aswell

As for your question, nice to have a dropdown but for me personally its enough to have a simple input box.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The new version will have the dropdown anyway. My question was more in the direction, if the udev/symlink Devices need to be marked as such.

I am happy to leave it this way and the udev User anyway knows what to select….

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!