Hardware revision is not supported

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sizo Thanks to Paulchen-Panther. He updated the wx281x library to the latest version in the master.
    So you should now be able to just clone the master branch without additional activities.

On the LED topic. The log looks good. You might want first to simplify your configuration, i.e. Smoothing off and start/background effects off, just to sort out side effects.

It is likely that the problem is more hardware setup related.
    Here there are many people in the forum who are best placed to help you given their experience with such a set-up.

PS: Note sure, if you mean "not all leds are working" (but some) or "all leds are not working" (none of them)

• Yes, i saw yesterday that he updated the library, ive downloaded also the latest master branch and compiled it. But what i mean with that the leds not are working is: Only the first 5/6 leds are on, sometimes none of them get on.. So its really weird :S

• power strip from both sides and cut off a little of leds of your strip>> then solder the connector on the pads and try again.

if it fails again, look at direction of dataflow/arrow> has to go away from the PI.

you can ad a resistor on dataline from the PI between 100 and 470ohm to reduce current on first leds, sometimes leds will fail the moment you connect the "new" leds to it and they work for a minute.

Powerbricks and barrelconnectors sometimes are not good. PSU should deliver only until 5.0 volts NOT MORE under load

better is to use stabilized PSU like Meanwell 5volts types, you can find them easy on Amazon and so fort.

like this Single Output Efficiency Power Supply

if i was you then FIRST i investigate and sort out if the problem is not in the software/settings or alternate settings that will prevent normal functions.

then after you know that everything is correct

• type of ledcontroller in Hyperion
    • GPIO connections and settings
    • PSU voltage values under load
    • settings of led layout and SAVE them
    • at remote section al tabs that you want are green and running
    • switch off smooting and blackborder detection
    • switch ON signal detection
    • look at debug log and there must be no errors or warnings, especially not in the section ledcontroller starting

after all of this is checked, then you try to alter the ledstrip itself and do hardware alternations to it.

goodluck man.

• Thanks Lighting-guy, i just tried it again the normal way if there is something wrong with the software..

But now I am getting the following error:

Code
    2021-05-22T15:40:45.937Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Selected GPIO not possible'

I think I messed it up to try doing strange things, can it be that i just burned down my led strip? Or do i need to try to cut some of the leds and then solder the connectors on the pads..

• Thanks to Ambientheater77 I am getting closer.

Instead of using the PMW controller he recommended to try the SPI controller. Because I wasnt able to get the leds working with the RPI PMW controller.

But now the next thing, if I set my 'Hardware Led Count' above +/- 50 then all my leds stay white. They don't turn off when I kill the software, I have to pull out the power supply. But if I set my 'Hardware Led Count' to 20, the 20 leds work fine. I can then configure effects and I see that the LEDs work properly.

Anyone have an idea why my LEDs don't work and only glow white when I increase my 'Hardware LED count'?

My Current Setup right now :

Controller type: apa104

Baudrate: 2235000 (standard value)

Added extra settings to: /boot/config.txt

Code: /boot/config.txt
    dtparam=spi=on
    core_freq=500
    core_freq_min=500
  • i think you probably need a logic levelshifter. this will boost the datasignal up.

Its possible its not the PI but the ledstrip, it wants to have more then 3.3 volts max on data..

SPI controller runs and leds react so thats okay, also check your PSU if its give a solid DC 5 volts with more then 20 leds attached/programmed

what's your ledstriptype? try to run SPI APA102 controller also and experiment with baudrate settings.

baudrate is put in Hertz so 1000000 is 1 Mhz, set it on 1500000 Hertz and see what happens.

2235000 Hertz for APA102 ( for example) is to high to run directly from SPI GPIO

• Ambientheater77

Led strips: WS2812B (5m 60 IP65 ---- from aliexpress https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.4eb14c4dohotjP )

Power supply: 10A - 5V ( https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.cf334c4dyliDdI ) - so I dont have a PSU, do i need one ?

Ive tried changing baudrate settings and the controllers but the leds are still staying white(when the led count is > 60), it only works stable with APA104 en baudrate: 2235000..

So does this mean that i need a logic levelshifter? If yes is there somewhere a tutorial how to do this, or what exactly do I need so I can try to figure it out by myself..

• so I dont have a PSU, do i need one ?

PSU = powersupplyunit you have those.

So does this mean that i need a logic levelshifter?

yes i think so, but first you can try run diffrent ledcontroller..

Greeled Electronic APA104 | LED. ○ APA104 (Compatible with WS2811 library)   

try to run the WS2812 SPI ledcontroller :) on this ledstrip.

if this doesn't work also then yes its time for the level shifter

power the APA104 strip like this >>

• Ambientheater77

I have no experience with electrical engineering, but I wil try..

So i need a level shifter (3 to 5 v ?) like this module:

And then i need to connect everything like this picture ? :

I found those pictures on: https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co…th-the-raspberry-pi-gpio/

In the picture they are mentioning "5V Sensor", as you can see there is a GND, OUT and 5V channel. In my case because i am using a LED strip, is the OUT channel the same as DATA channel on my ledstrip? So do I need to connect the DATA channel then to a GPIO pin? Or needs it to be connected to the HV1 channel

• Sizo: There are many level shifters on the market, but the principle is always the same.

Connect LV to 3.3V, HV to 5V and GND to GND or also 0V, minus.

If you have a level shifter like in the first picture, there are 4 channels, but for Ws2812 you need only one.

LV is the input, HV is output to the LEDs.

This is a example for SPI, but another LED type.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• For SPI use GPIO 10 (Pin 19) → LV3 and HV3 → Data In from the LEDs.

For PWM use GPIO 18 (Pin 12) → LV3 and HV3 → Data In from the LEDs.

But as I wrote, you can use every channel 1 - 4.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Ive found a thread that maybe can answer my questions, I will try to follow the schemes in the thread those days

the schematics i put there is for some reason not there anymore because the forum has changed to a new server, so some data is lost.

i put the schematics that should be there in this thread.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!