Screen grabbing doesn't start until I open the config and toggle the LED count back and forth

• Hello all :)

Hyperion works well and I love it, but every time I boot up my RPi4 with Hyperion, the LEDs light up correctly with the standby color, then flash once to the screen grab and the LEDs never get updated again, like if Hyperion was sleeping, staying on the same colors until I open up the web interface and change the LED count to 151. Then on my next boot, the same problem appear and I change the LED count back to 150 to wake up Hyperion.

So basically I always have to change a setting (simplest I found was just switch back and forth between 150 and 151 LED count) as just a change of settings wakes up Hyperion.

Anyone else has this issue and found out how to fix this?

LEDs are controlled via the GPIO pins

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • I was never able to find the log files, but after finding this post and seeing there is apparently no log and I must run on debug, I lost all my config as it seems to have reset to factory default. So I guess the log is useless but I included it just in case:

I can say however, I was using:

• GPIO18
    • A WS2812 LED strip (used it with Prismatik Lightpack before and it worked well)
    • I don't remember the LED controller and I can't verify as my settings are gone, but I'm pretty sure it was WS121x or something like that.

Thanks for your help guys!

• Nobody knows?

Yes, the audio service that runs in the OS from the PI is overtaking PWM audio pulse.

( ledcontroller was ws281x > you can see that in the debug log)

for this you have to run Hyperion.NG under root.

there's a few things you can do here

first there's this, in terminal put

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service

Remove the User sessionline and save with CTRL+O and exit CTRL+x.

Don't forget to reboot

sometimes this work, sometimes not, then you have to do someting else.

change DMA5 setting in Hyperion.NG to 10 for instance.

don't forget to reboot the PI

if that doesn't help also... in terminal>. set hyperion service as root.

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root

sudo reboot now

or have a look here, all the same problems occur >> RE: WS2812B - Leds wont light according to video capture - Random lights - 2.0.0-alpha.9

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Sorry everyone to necro my old thread, but I finally got the solution. Unfortunately none of what Lightning-guy77 suggested worked for me, but in case some people have the same issue in the future, this worked for me for the LED controller on a Raspberry Pi 4. Basically instead of using the PWM GPIO that stops working once the RPi boots since the audio takes over (as mentioned in the previous post) you can use the GPIO 10 (SPI):

This however caused LED flickering white for me, Hyperion wanted to display the LEDs but was intermittently interrupted by white flashing. Fixed it by editing /boot/config.txt (frequency values found on this Github issue )

Code
    dtparam=spi=on   # Not 100% sure this is absolutely required
    core_freq=500
    core_freq_min=500

If you don't need audio on your RPi however, I also tested leaving GPIO 18 in the LED controller and just set dtparam=audio=on in config.txt which also worked

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!