Strange lights happening since installation of SSD Drive

• Hi Guys,

hope someone can help.

Originally, I had Hyperion running with lite version of Raspberry Pi OS (32bit) on my Pi 4 4GB with SD card. On that I also installed Home Assistant, InfluxDB and Grafana. Hyperion was working fine.

Having read about the impact that influxdb can have on the death rate of an SD Card, I moved the install across to an SSD drive, for their reliability.

At this point, all apps are working fine, however the led strip (ws2812b) started to play random led colours, and not match what I can see via my HDMI USB capture card, via the preview window. To rule out any issues with the leds, capture card, or rasp pi, I have duplicates of each, and installed everything last night, via SD Card (as per my original install) and the same issue happens again with the odd LEDs.

Setup in Hyperion is 100 max leds (92 actually in use round the tv - but have tried changing the value to match, no change), USB capture card detected, and set for PAL, 720x480, 50hz. The preview window shows the picture as on the tv, and the preview led strip shows the same.

All special startups, idle setup has been disabled. I've tested with the effects, and they seem to be showing random leds too. This happens on both my original LED strip and also a new one which arrived yesterday.

Would anyone have anythoughts on what is causing this, and how to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!