Not flickering, but occasional bright flashes

• Started this project about a month ago thinking it would be fun and easy but I kind of regret it cuz it's been a pain every step of they way. I guess I'm learning a lot, if nothing else, never done anything like this before. I think I'm so close to getting it all working, but of course there's a brand new problem in my way.

First, my build:

RPi 3B+

SK9812 RGBW 60led/meter strip, 95 LEDs total (the 60/m seems excessive, thinking maybe 30/m would have been fine, but here we are)

32GB micro SD flashed with Hyperbian 2.0.0-alpha.9

Generic cheapo capture card ()

Generic cheapo HDMI splitter ()

Generic cheapo 5V 15A power brick ()

AV receiver as HDMI source hub (Onkyo tx-nr575, if it matters)

LEDs controlled by pi via PWM ws218x on gpio 18 (i'll admit, I don't really know what this means)

Ground pin on Pi connected to ground wire of LED strip with a jumper wire

Previously I was using a 10A power supply but it apparently wasn't quite strong enough and kept disconnecting the capture card, esp when LEDs turned bright.

New 15A power supply fixes this, but the new problem is that the whole strip will now flash bright white (sometimes green) at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes it will be every few seconds and other times it will be several minutes in between. This is especially annoying when I think I'll have it fixed before it will FLASH out of nowhere again. Current test is to use the 15A supply for the pi, and the 10A supply powering the LEDs which I think has improved the situation somewhat, but I'm not totally sure.

Any ideas what might be going on? I'm very much looking forward to being done with this lol. It's very nice when it works though.

Thank you!

• New 15A power supply fixes this, but the new problem is that the whole strip will now flash bright white (sometimes green) at seemingly random intervals.

make sure the Voltage output under load doesn't exceed the 5 Volts of the ledstrip.

make sure the GND is common to each device, you can ever have to much common grounds.

make sure the PSU delivers a steady/rectified and clean DC voltage

you can alter the voltage by using the potmeter ( turn clockwise to increase DC, counter clockwise to decrease DC)

normal ledstrips will fire from 4,7 volts but you have also strips that need exactly the 5,0 volts or even 5,17 to run correctly/

the main issue for you is that problems started AFTER you change up the PSU, so i would look into that.

• Test the power supply with a multimeter.

The effect can occur if exactly 5 V is not present.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!