How to Power Wemos D1 mini and LED Strip

• Hi Everyone,

I am new to Hyperion, and I am looking to set up an Wemos D1 mini to control the LED on my TV, I will be using Hyperion on a Windows 10 PC.

What I would like to know is how to connect the wires to the D1 mini, reading other tutorials it looks like I connect the three wires to the 5v, ground and D4 on the D1 mini and connect the extra power leads from the LED strips to a external power brick.

Now if I coonect the wemos D1 mini direct to my PC, to power the board and send the information and connect to the external power will this be ok, would I overload the USB poet having the external power connected.

Reason I ask is a few tutorials mention not to connect the LED lights to the PC USB when installing WLED.

Sorry for the noob question, first time doing this and just want to make sure I dont get it wrong.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can also power it only from the usb port, but you need(!!) GND and D4 for data at least.... 5V is optional, i would also do it like you mentioned, power wemos from your pc-usb port, and only connect GND and D4

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can supply power to a maximum of 20 LEDs, for more you need an external power supply unit for the LEDs. Otherwise you can connect it like this.

Wiring Pro Tips - WLED Project

regards pclin

• I see, thanks for the input, a couple more questions:

• What’s MF?
    • What’s the role of the capacitor here?
    • Where would be best to put the fuse? Straight out of +V (psu)

also I read somewhere it’s safer to put the relays on the line that goes to the led as opposed to the psu’s input. Do you know why that is?

• male|female

smoothing and stabilization

into the +5V line to the LED

When using a relay to turn off the LED, it is safest on the low voltage side. It is then sufficient to interrupt the ground line.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!