When viewing using dolby vision the usb grabber outputs the video weird, with shades of colors all over. Causing ambient lighting to not work properly.

• Hi so when watching something that uses dolby vision the ambient lighting stops working properly because the usb grabber seems to output the video with shades of colors ontop. It seems to be a problem with dolby vision, not sure if watching something in hdr will also cause that but is this a problem with the usb grabber I have thats not able to properly view that content?

• Any DV or HDR source will do this unless it is split correctly. You can't send a DV source to a 4k TV and a 1080P capture stick via a standard HDMI splitter without there being issues like what you are seeing.

You can:

• Use a Webcam to capture the screen instead of HDMI
    • Or use a suitable HDMI splitter - for DV+HDR its a HDFury Diva or for HDR there is a Xcolor HDMI splitter on Amazon (search this site)

The problem is generated because the chain of HDMI devices needs to be full 4k DV capable on all. Your capture stick is not DV capable so colours get messed up on its output. The Diva will do LLDV source to TV and has a separate 1080P SDR output. But its not cheap. Other people had had success with HDR but you will need to search the forum for that model of splitter.

• I got the exact problem and Im using this : FeinTech VSP01201 Splitter distributor Ultra HD Black

it is only a problem when my tv don't use Dolby vision 4k mode on the apple tv. So watching HDR movies, no issue, but watching youtube then it is an issue.

Is it really the only way to purchase another splitter? For me HDR works fine, but the main problem is this purple layer on top
    https://imgur.com/a/Y6xBW1c

• I believe i might have found a solution. So on the apple tv I change settings to 4k SDR and then if I trigger an HDR movie then it will still switch as I then would see the HDR icon on my tv.

So with that the purple is not an issue.

I did try my setup with my box series s and then the LEDS would work but my tv would just show a black screen while I saw it on the capture inside hyperion :D

Anyways sticking with the apple tv for now.

• "Or use a suitable HDMI splitter - for DV+HDR its a HDFury Diva or for HDR there is a Xcolor HDMI splitter on Amazon (search this site)"

I'm having the same issue with an amazon FireStick, i thought i had purchased the correct splitter HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:… CEC SPDIF 5.1CH Breakout, and my capture card DIGITNOW Camcorder Streaming Conference Broadcasting .

do you have a link to an acceptable splitter? there are a few that show up with that search on amazon.

thanks

• Hi all,

Just stumbled across this thread as I was having the exact same issues here with a brand new Apple TV 4k. Anytime I had the output set to Dolby Vision the colors were all mismatched and mostly purple. I was able to work around this problem by using a HDMI splitter that can downscale on the output. I picked up this one from Amazon and it worked perfectly. https://a.co/d/4KA3AB9

• I have to advise caution on the recommendation for the Ezcoo HDMI Splitter. I gave it a shot and it's going back to Amazon. While mikec27's situation is a bit different than mine, my research is as follows.

TLDR;

Splitter and downscaling work in some capacity, but it does not maintain the proper color pallet when downscaling 4K Dolby Vision to 1080. If you are looking for that capability, look elsewhere.

Setup/Attempt Details

1. 4K Ultra HD Disc with Dolby Vision (John Wick 3)
    2. Ezcoo Device SP12H2 upgraded to latest firmware
    3. Denon AVR-X6300H driving the Vizio and feeding the Ezcoo device
    4. Vizio 4K TV supporting HDR10, Dolby Vision
    5. Without the device connected, AV equipment and TV recognize the full 4K Dolby Vision Signal perfectly
    6. Ezcoo Device has 3 EDID modes: 4K7.1 Dolby Vision, 4K5.1 HDR, Copy; HDMI out set to "scale"
    7. 1080p HDMI2AV to convert the "split" signal into something for Raspberry PI to ingest
    8. Did not test audio.

EZcoo ModeMain Screen TV Signal
    Hyperion Preview
    4K7.1 Dolby Vision4K Dolby Vision (great, expected!)
    Purple; obviously bad
    4K5.1 HDR4K HDR10 (ok, less desirable)
    Washed Out, lacking reds and oranges

Copy1080p simple; device passthrough allows the
    HDMI chain to "see" my HDMI2AV only-1080p
    capable device, downgrading entire HDMI
    chain to 1080; 1080 not acceptable; If I had a
    4K device here, maybe it would work, but I
    fear it would simply output purple too.
    About as expected due to signal conversions;
    normal for my system

Questions for mikec27

1. What EDID setting are you using?
    2. What device are you using downstream of the Ezcoo to digitize the signal?
    3. Does you TV remain/recognize the full 4K Dolby Vision signal from your input?

• What EDID setting are you using?
    What device are you using downstream of the Ezcoo to digitize the signal?
    Does you TV remain/recognize the full 4K Dolby Vision signal from your input?

Unfortunately the Ezcoo is not the perfect solution.

I've found that after using it a while, it works very well with my Apple TV with full 4k Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. For me this is good enough as my Apple TV is main media source 99% of the time. Colors were a little washed out, but Hyperion 2.0.14 and newer allow you to compensate for this: from the changelog (New color processing settings: Saturation gain and brightness/value gain. They allow compensating washed out HDR colors on LEDs).

However, when I go to use my Nvidia Shield any 4k Dolby Vision movie that I play though Plex will display a mostly purple picture. The only way I've found to avoid this is to go into the settings and turn off Dolby Vision and force HDR10.

Not sure why it works fine for Dolby Vision on the Apple TV and not another source like the Nvidia Shield. I'm using the

4K7.1EDID setting, downscaling turned on with my Apple TV. I'm just using a generic USB HDMI capture device connected to a Raspberry Pi downstream. I wish there was a USB HDMI capture card/device that could do Dolby VIsion as that would solve all of our issues.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!