When viewing using dolby vision the usb grabber outputs the video weird, with shades of colors all over. Causing ambient lighting to not work properly.

• Hi so when watching something that uses dolby vision the ambient lighting stops working properly because the usb grabber seems to output the video with shades of colors ontop. It seems to be a problem with dolby vision, not sure if watching something in hdr will also cause that but is this a problem with the usb grabber I have thats not able to properly view that content?

• Any DV or HDR source will do this unless it is split correctly. You can't send a DV source to a 4k TV and a 1080P capture stick via a standard HDMI splitter without there being issues like what you are seeing.

You can:

• Use a Webcam to capture the screen instead of HDMI
    • Or use a suitable HDMI splitter - for DV+HDR its a HDFury Diva or for HDR there is a Xcolor HDMI splitter on Amazon (search this site)

The problem is generated because the chain of HDMI devices needs to be full 4k DV capable on all. Your capture stick is not DV capable so colours get messed up on its output. The Diva will do LLDV source to TV and has a separate 1080P SDR output. But its not cheap. Other people had had success with HDR but you will need to search the forum for that model of splitter.

• I believe i might have found a solution. So on the apple tv I change settings to 4k SDR and then if I trigger an HDR movie then it will still switch as I then would see the HDR icon on my tv.

So with that the purple is not an issue.

I did try my setup with my box series s and then the LEDS would work but my tv would just show a black screen while I saw it on the capture inside hyperion :D

Anyways sticking with the apple tv for now.

• "Or use a suitable HDMI splitter - for DV+HDR its a HDFury Diva or for HDR there is a Xcolor HDMI splitter on Amazon (search this site)"

I'm having the same issue with an amazon FireStick, i thought i had purchased the correct splitter HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:… CEC SPDIF 5.1CH Breakout, and my capture card DIGITNOW Camcorder Streaming Conference Broadcasting .

do you have a link to an acceptable splitter? there are a few that show up with that search on amazon.

thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!