Hyperion & Raspberry pie without capture device

• Hello, i have just discovered the ambilight with hyperion, i wanted to know if you could only use the raspberry pie to just manage the led and control them through hyperion but i don't need the ambilight. I just want to be able to control the led through the app, but i'm not sure if it's possible because i've only seen tutorial with hyperion needing a capture device... In that case would i need additional stuff to make it work ?

Thank you in advance for any feedback, i'm quite new on the subject.

Cheers

• I currently have hyperion running on my rpi4 with libreelec 9.2.7 with a set of ws2812b leds attached via the rpi4s onboard pins. The only external piece of hardware I'm using is a power supply for the leds. I have had minimal issues with this setup. Only issue is with stuff that has 10bit color, those dont seem to display the led colors correctly. I was also able to get the leds to shut off with a button press on my remote as well as get them to auto shut off when the rpi4 screensaver pops on. I really like this setup and cant wait to be able to install libreelec 10 and have hyperion. Overall it is a very usable setup. I havent had much luck hyperion to work with other operating systems on my pi but if you wanna go the libreelec route then use the tutorial that is on the forum here, worked perfectly for me.

• @TPmodding it would be the led w2812b link to the raspberry through gpio18 and plug directly to the AC. Could i control them through hyperion? or it has to be though some kind of capture ?

@n4tur3502 thanks for your help, I'm sorry i'm definitely noob, libre elec is like a software media center ? So it would mean hyperion would need to capture the content displayed on libre elec ? so it can't work without capture

Thanks guys

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!