Windows 10 games

• Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I am having.

I currently have hyperion 2.0.0-alpha 9 on my windows 10 pc and it works fine until I load games. When I load a game the leds just stop responding.

I run most of my games at the native resolution for my monitor 2560x1440 at 144hz on my gtx 1080. If i share my screen from the hyperion web config then it seems to work fine.

I have my capture settings set to 640x480 and 20 mhz. I have tried both QT and dx9 captures and it's the same on both. Am I doing something wrong? I have tried searching the forums but I am not finding anything so far.

Any help would be amazing, thank you.

• It seems to work fine in bordered window mode. Borderless and full screen either blank the leds or show the first color of it grabs from the game then never changes. I should also add that my leds for this are hooked up to an esp8266 via wled.

• i have the same issue.

lego marvel superheroes works fine

minecraft shows the first color it grabs and doesn’t change

everything else i’ve tried tuns the leds off (might be grabbing my wallpaper which is black)

would really appreciate some help with this

• DRM protected games will not work.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• found a solution, at least for minecraft (haven't tested other games but i assume they'll work)

use Hyperion ScreenCapture

Releases · sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap
    Screen capture program for Hyperion ambilight. Updated to support DirectX 11, multiple displays and multiple Hyperion servers. - sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap
    github.com

it's more efficient, using the nvidia encoder and using less cpu (at least for me) and as mentioned works with minecraft

• i just watched a YT video this week of Tech specials who investigate and try it out, it has a couple of features thats new but nothing real shocking.

most of the upgrades are in the UI and desktop enviroment, its not faster or way smoother than W10.

i am keeping my version of W10 and only upgrading to [ W12 or whatever] ( so i wait this one out)

btw W11 has a few contradictions in the hardware, if your hardware isn't capable to install the OS then there is a workaround, but even the guy says on the YT that yes you could do that but if you are not that eager to run the brandnew OS and have couple of problems coming your way then he would wait also.

its up to you :)

• This used to work in some games in Windows, but I think it no longer works for most games in 2.0.15 stable. Any game I have that does not work is launched via Steam or Epic Launchers. I'm not sure if the launcher is the cause. For example Genshin Impact seems to work, and that is not launched through any of those launchers (it comes with its own spyware). I have tried a couple of others that do seem to work, and they too are not launched through the launchers. I wonder if something is conflicting with this, for example the overlays from Steam or Epic games.

The same pattern shows in Linux. LEDs do not work for any modern games launched via Steam or Heroic and using vulkan/proton regardless of settings, but all native games not using the launchers seem to work (I only have a few games like that). I have given up on troubleshooting this.

• I had a similar hiccup with Hyperion on my Windows 10 rig while gaming. The LEDs went MIA just like yours. After some trial and error, I found out that tweaking the capture settings worked wonders for me. I know you've tried adjusting them, but have you considered playing around with the resolution and Hz settings as well?

• TPmodding

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!