Is anyone capable of building a new HyperBian off master?

• This is not my area of expertise and I've, apparently, shot myself in the foot by deciding on going with a Pi 4 (2GB) board. I've tested that everything works except for the hardware requirements error when using the Pi 4. It seems from numerous forums threads that this issue has been resolved, and will make it into the next release, but there is no ETA on when that release might come. If anyone can either 1) walk me through this (can do discord or something) or 2) wants to do it and hand off a new .zip (with a thank you donation) I'd be thrilled. After days of work getting this wired, tested across a dying Pi 3 and the incompatible Pi 4, plus installation and reorganization of my entire media center I really just want to see this working properly. Thanks in advance!

• if you get the error:

hardware revision is not supported it means that Hyperion.NG can not cope with the hardware and its drivers don't work to steer the GPIO's

I believe the update for this is going to be Hyperion.NG 2.10 but when it comes is still uncertain, its up the dev's and when it comes out.

• Zitat

Just a couple of updates on this thread, since I've been able to make this work even though hyperion.ng hasn't released alpha10 yet, so I had to do a workaround. What I did is get myself a NodeMCU controller, connected my LED strip to that and setup hyperion to work via udpraw. Basically hyperion on the RPi captures the screen and sends it via UDP to the NodeMCU which powers the LEDs. Works like a charm.

so seems to be a way you can do it.

i borrowed this from a topic. RE: Is RPI 4 + LibreELEC Possible?

• Ambientheater77 It's 100% an issue with the Pi 4 2GB board specifically, that I understand. I know the fix has been confirmed to be on Master and will go into the next release. I know its up to the discretion of the devs but its also been 7 months from the last update so I'm not super keen on the "wait and see" approach for now. I also don't want to invest in more hardware changes to circumvent a problem that already has a solution. The unfortunate part is the handful of videos I watched all recommended Pi 4s so I went that route. I figured there'd be enough people who went the same route that sooner or later someone would have build and advertised their own "alpha 10" that was based off Master but I haven't seemed to find it yet.

I've tried going through the compile process but have faced a few hiccups. Without something like a Discord, its tough to get real time assistance and these aren't the most active unfortunately

• dgooglr It's just an issue with the 2GB, not 4GB. Between my last post and this one I swapped my Pi 4 4GB running Home Assistant with my 2GB running Hyperion and everything works. Will run with this until Alpha 10 comes out or until I pull the trigger in an 8GB for Home Assistant.

Now my issue is the LEDs look like this when the TV is off. I can't figure out how to turn them off.

• Offizieller Beitrag

See the last post of the following thread

Or search for rainbow …

• Now my issue is the LEDs look like this when the TV is off. I can't figure out how to turn them off.

that signal is coming from HDMI converter side, its build in. When there isn't a capture from the source ( no signal) then you get the rainbow

you can circumvent this with Hyperion settings like signal detection and tresholds

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!