hyperion not capturing video with raspberry pi zero

• Hi please assist me im stuck.

following this tutorial i set up mine using the exact hardware in the article : https://peyanski.com/tv-ambien…aspberry-pi-and-hyperion/

i do get the leds working fine with the stand by effect, so power etc seems fine.

issue is i can't get the video usb working i did ticked USB capturing and the i connected input to chromecast and output to tv and usb A from card to USB b rpi zero.

i ran lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

and

pi@HyperBian:~ $ dmesg | grep -i Video

[ 1.592788] vc-sm: Videocore shared memory driver

[ 40.159341] bcm2835_vc_sm_cma_probe: Videocore shared memory driver

[ 40.341561] videodev: Linux video capture interface: v2.00

[ 40.562381] bcm2835-isp bcm2835-isp: Device node output[0] registered as /dev /video13

[ 40.566512] bcm2835-isp bcm2835-isp: Device node capture[0] registered as /de v/video14

[ 40.575168] bcm2835-isp bcm2835-isp: Device node capture[1] registered as /de v/video15

[ 40.577499] bcm2835-isp bcm2835-isp: Device node stats[2] registered as /dev/ video16

[ 40.618453] bcm2835-codec bcm2835-codec: Device registered as /dev/video10

[ 40.629701] bcm2835-codec bcm2835-codec: Device registered as /dev/video11

[ 40.702057] bcm2835-codec bcm2835-codec: Device registered as /dev/video12

could you please assit,

• do

lsusb 

what do you see there completely?

• the device that you have is not even visible for the PI, so i think you need some more library to add on the OS.

then after updating then maybe its possible that it will be recognized by the PI.

ps; running Kodi and Hyperion.NG together can be a task that's to big even on Pi4 > for this most users are decreasing resolution from Kodi screen settings al together

i have this sollution from somebody here on the forum.

Zitat

To fix the problem, I found help on this site https://www.pcwelt.de/ratgeber…ry-Pi-selbst-9824929.html (sorry, it is in german)...

In brief, I checked for proper firmware with apt-cache search firmware, providing me with a long list of different peripherals. In this list, I found the firmware hdmi2usb-mode-switch, which I installed via apt-get install hdmi2usb-mode-switch. Having that done, I was able to find my usb streaming card via lsusb etc. and after a reboot also hyperion recognized it as a possible usb input device. Finally, I followed the steps mentioned in the initial post, which brought my ambilight to life.

• aaaaaaxxx: Do you have exactly the same "Video Capture with Loop" like in the tutorial?

Code
    pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo lsusb

pi@HyperBian:~ $

This device is not recognized by the RPi. Have you powered from the DC/5V port also?

You can try sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• Ok thanks, i rand sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.

Took around 2 hours for upgrade to finish and noticed it was stuck.

after restarting the pi zero, it is not booting back up at all now :(

no leds showing as well.

EDIT: burnt new hyperion image back to sd card an RPI is back alive need to do it all over again now will update here.

• If the update- and upgrade command fails, maybe the native installation was bad. In this case it's always better to start with a fresh installation.

• Ok guys thanks i just did apt get update/upgrade and went all fine it is latest. I also did apt-cache search firmware and was able to find hdmi2usb-mode-switch then i installed it.

I did quick reboot and still cannot see the video loop in lsusb and yes i do use the exact one in the article. and yes it i added power to it as well, i can use my chromecast that is attached to it so am sure its not faulty perhaps...

any othe

• Ok i tested the video capture on windows and chroemcast and working great.

should i install OBS Studio in rpi ?https://obsproject.com/download

Zitat

The Linux release is available officially for Ubuntu 18.04 and newer. FFmpeg is required.

sudo apt install ffmpeg

After installing FFmpeg, install OBS Studio using:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio

sudo apt install obs-studio

• Ok i tested the video capture on windows and chroemcast and working great.

that's the thing, its working but not recognized by the PI.

has to be a driver/library problem

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get update

and the other link i gave you normally is enough, so you have a stubborn one.

1. hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware - FX2 firmware for hdmi2usb board development

maybe that one and the line with USB in it

1. fxload - Firmware download to EZ-USB devices
  • Oh great we're getting somewhere ! thanks, now i see:

pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo lsusb

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 534d:2109

pi@HyperBian:~ $

but checking video i get following not clear chromecast:

EDIT: changed input as camera 1 and lowest resolution and PAL, didnt resolve the issue ...

• thanks a lot, am afaraid you are right! used switch and works fine. i really want chromecast to work thats how i see most contents. any way to get it working ? am using new chromecast possible to try the first or other versions? i want to cast youtube content is there a chromecast alternative that have no hdmi issue?

• I'm using a SAT-Receiver, Dune Mediaplayer for my Movie Collection and a FireTV-Stick for Prime, Netflix, YouTube and the other stuff with no issues. But I have only a 1080p Equipment, that's more easier to handle as 4K with HDR, Dolby Vision and so on.

• HOLY moly. chromecast worked! i just used the power cable and adapter it came with rather than phone charger!

thanks a lot for all your help Mike72 and lighting guy ! really happy!

ok partially had to install the wires again and reboot to test and now cant get the chromecast working again but atleast needs some tweaking etc. but there is hope i saw it working and took picture haha

• ok after reboot cant even get the nintendo swtich working what steps do you guys after reboot?

i mean i cant even get that snowy flacking screen back

edit fixed by switching on and off the enable capture and usb mode! XD really excited

doing some test for some reason leds showing blue on red color and red on blue color, everything else is greaaaaat!!

• You can normally fix this on/off problem of the capture card by powering this over a USB port from the TV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!