USB Capture stops seconds after GOOGLE TV source is selected

• Keen for any advice or insight from users with similar issues.

I'm running several sources into a Denon avr-x2400h, this includes a Humax box for liveTV, a Vero 4k for local media and a Google TV chromecast for apps

I only have 2 outputs from this amp. (1) HDMI1, the single cable that goes to the TV and (2) HDMI2 (added for hyperion) that goes to the USB Video Capture loop to feed hyperion on the raspberry Pi

Hyperion behaves as expected no issues at all when the either the Humax is being used or the Vero is being used but the instant i change source to Google TV on the amp, the signal seems to drop to hyperion and i get the 'idle' background displayed on the LED's. If i switch back to the Humax or Vero, i have to restart the Pi before this behavious stops and hyperion starts to receive a signal. If i start my Pi with Google TV selected on the amp, it just displays the 'idle' background immediatey.

So, it looks like it 'doesn't work' with the Google TV, however it did for several weeks, then recently, it stopped.

ALL output is coming from the amp using the same outputs that do work with Humax and Vero 4k. - i therefore don;t think this is a hardware or cables thing. I havent changed any settings on the amp, the only unknown i have is whether an automatic update to the Google TV has changed the way it outputs its signal to my amp. - i have no real way of checking this.

So - my question... Is anyone else having issues with Google TV USB capture?

Please please please let me know if you are and more importantly if you've solved it somehow ;)

• Rpi: 3b, Wifi, 16gb SD card
    • Hyperion: 2.0.0 alpha 9
    • USB grabber
    • AV receiver Denon AVR-x2400h
    • LED: ws2812b 60 led/m

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Greg Donovan ()

• Some users reported problems with Google TV or Chromecast. It’s an HDMI handshake problem between the devices.

What shows the preview in Hyperion when Google TV is choosed? First there and then away, or none at all?

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!