My usb grabber disconnects all the time and hyperion leds switches on and off

• Then a few seconds it drops, and then back again.

I got a HDFury Diva hdmi splitter, a rullz hdmi capture device, a rpi 4, sk6812 rgbw with 219 leds.

It is all powered with a 18A meanwell 5V adapter except for the hdfury diva, which is powered by its own 12V adapter.

I just cannot figure out why the leds react fine to the tv image and then it turns off for 1 sec and back on again.

Im using hyperbian image.

Im not able to find any specific things in the log, but it feels lik the rpi is a bit more laggy than it uses to be so that the captured image seems a bit choppy.

I replaced the USB grabber for the second time, now this is my third(and last) rullz USB grabber and now it seems to be working ok. However the swap from 1 to 2 made it work for like 1 hour and then it shut down again.

Would love other recommendations for better USB grabbers if there are any as well

Im running low settings 760x480, fps of 20 etc.

Any idea what I can try to do?

• 1.) 760x480 is not a 16:9 format, try 1280x720@30Hz or 640x360@60Hz, this works good for me. You can also play with size decimation and have always a look at the preview window in Hyperion.

2.) If you switched on black border detection, switch it off for testing if the issue stays.

You have this one?

Normally, the Rullz USB Grabber works fine.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Hi, thanks for replying to me.

I got a bigger one, but same brand: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hbb…=800&height=975&hash=1775

I will try what you have said here, but I also just dropped the SK6812SPI connection and used wled instead with an esp. I don't see any lag using this method so will try this for a bit. Have a theory that the batch of dupont cables I bought might be a bit of a bad quality

But should I buy the smaller rullz USB grabber?

• Hi again,

I think 99% of these capture cards have all the same chipset for UVC standard, Macrosilicon MS2109, so a new one it‘s not required.

WLED is a good choice for SK6812-RGBW, more options and settings.

So if it works good stay at this.:thumbup:

• Ok, thanks for the attempt to help me :D

I have now tried hyperion ng, hyperbian, hyperhdr. I tried sk6812SPI, I tried ws281x pwm, I tried wled.

It strips is powered by a 18A mean well psu. The voltage has been checked and is 5.14V.

Right now regardless of what I do, the leds just dont power on. None of them are powered on.

So clearly im trying to use SPI, but is there anything more I need to do:

https://github.com/jgarff/rpi_ws281x#spi

Is there something with adding my pi user into root or something?

• Thanks Mike. I have been following that, and even translated the post to understand the german part.

However I just tried with WLED and then it was working, and then I just touched the usb wire a tad and then it stopped working. The capture card was also quite hot.

Im not going to be around the setup for a few weeks so will order a different set of capture cards and hopefully one of them will work.

I noticed like if I power the capture card externally then it would also try to give power to the LEDS.

I have a feeling that this is why things suddenly stop working on my end.

So going order a bunch of new capture card and hopefully I will get it to work.

When it was working it could f licker a bit when brightness was 100% which is for me strange as im running a 5V 18A PSU. I have a feeling that again it is the usb capture playing me a trick?

• ...and then I just touched the usb wire a tad and then it stopped working. The capture card was also quite hot.

Maybe a bad quality cable? Try another one. Capture cards get warm, but not really hot. Something wrong there...:/

You can try lsusb and dmesg | grep -i Video in the Raspberry console to check the USB devices.

If you're looking for a capture card that doesn't have this "rainbow image"...

when there is no HDMI signal, take one. It gives out "black", so the LEDs automatically switched off if the HDMI source is also off. ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!