Ambivision

• Not really off topic since Ambivision is a commercial system that does what folks are working on here.

I read several posts that mention Ambivision and this post is to ask about Ambivision experiences.

I went all in on Ambivision and bought two systems. The hardware concept is mostly very good. Quality not so great. The app is a bugfest. Support is super crappy. I’ll cut to the chase:

1. On intelligent mode, the most interesting mode, it does not seem so intelligent. The colors don’t follow the screen, my systems do not match the demos on the web site.

2. I suspect that the fisheye software system is not optimized and distortion is throwing off the LED controller.

3. The app bugs are maddening, especially in a multi system. When I report the bugs I get silence. The developer said new software would be released inside a week, it is now over a week and I have no confidence it will ever be released. Example, I did a firmware update on the camera/controller and it is now corrupted. I asked for a replacement several days ago and I am still waiting for a reply.

So my negative experience with Ambivision led me here and I’m just beginning to read the threads and make a plan for a build.

If you have used Ambivision, could you share your experience? Very interested to compare notes.

• TPmodding

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • ekimtoor1 Had ambivision pro for 2 years, but colour representation sucked, major lag and a customer service that was slower than Morse code!! Like 2 weeks for a response... bunch of jokers!

We were so disappointed on so many levels, we are actually making our own system using HDMI capture. A few months away, but watch out for us:

check out prototype on 100" screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2ek…Ambient%20Lights.mp4?dl=0

From a 32" to a massive 200" screen with 60led count not 30 like ambivision, with 4K@60fps, Dolby Atmos, HDR10 pass through from $200 - $350, screen size dependant, with add on of 4 input HDMI matrix with everything, including Dolby Vision at a half of the price of Fury boxes with hyperion installed, anyone wanting parts message us.

• If you have used Ambivision, could you share your experience? Very interested to compare notes.

Same experience here. Tons of bugs, great color representation when it works though. It's been nothing but problems from day 1 and they ended up ingoring me as of today so I'm planning on repurposing the whole hardware to install hyperion in it. The worse thing is the company, I'm just looking up in the internet how to hurt them, how to leave some review that will really impact their bussiness in a bad way. I just hope they go bankrupt.

It's just a piece of sh%t of company, the most dishonest people I've stumbled upon.

I even suspect Hyperion is not much harder to set up than AmbiVision, it's just a no go.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!