Leds not changing colors while Usb capture Ok

• Hi guys,

New user here, i just setup my Tv ambilight and seems i am still missing some point ! Any help appreciated ;)

So i have setup my hyperion quite correctly so far, i was just waiting for my Grabber.

Leds light when Hyperion start, i can control the leds with the mobile app and the color change is Ok (effects and so are ok, i just had a color mismatch but fixed).

Today i received my grabber, which is this model : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.15c26c376EB0cy

(the 3 hdmi in 1 out to be exact)

Installed the thing, seems fine : i can see it in hyperion web, and i can also see that the capture works fine, as i can see my Tv image in the live screen capture.

The only thing is that my leds are lit white/blue-ish, and won't color. Looking closely, it seems they are "alive" because i can see they are more or less bright depending on the image on Tv.

but that's all.

I tried to modify quite a lot of settings in the USb capture menu in hyperion web (changed resolution / pal/secam/ etc...). I can always see the image in the live screen capture, but leds stay white/blue.

I was thinking about a power issue, but when i switch to hyperion control on mobile app, the leds react and show nice colors.

So it's basically something linked to the pi not managing correctly the capture and not "sending" the color infos to the ledstripe ?

Config wise, i have a Pi2 B and a 280 leds SK9822 stripe. Powered by a 5v 10A only (everything's plugged to it).

If some of you got any idea, i ll be glad !

Thanks !

• Hello,

thanks for the reply,

Of course i can provide the logs (hope these are the logs awaited tho)

Also here is a screen from the preview picture - i tried to watch the most colorfull thing i know

We can see that the image is really not bright and not really colorfull.

the leds are gray all along, even if, when i switch off the "real time preview", i can see that they are 'moving' (but only in gray-ish)

Also after some time, leds go off, and it seems from the log that i loose connection to the grabber.

Even in that state, if i run the mobile app and try to change color, it's ok and leds react (cf below, picked the red from the 'color wheel')

Leds on TV pass red too.

I guess i might have power issues.

Actually, leds are powered on a 5v 10A and Pi too. Grabber is on the usb port of Pi.

I tried to power the pi with its own power unit, same situation.

Tried to power also the grabber from TV usb port (power only, the usb data is still on the usb of Pi) - same situation.

Anyway, seems that the issue comes from the image captured from the grabber which is very very "Grayish"

Grabber issue ? Or bad config ? (i guess bad config would only be on the "usb capture " options, if not, i would not have nice colors when using the mobile app).

thanks for the help !

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

2021-07-15T22:50:23.297Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (ERROR) Throws error nr: VIDIOC_DQBUF error code 19, No such device

2021-07-15T22:50:23.298Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (ERROR) VIDIOC_STREAMOFF error code 19, No such device

2021-07-15T22:50:23.301Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (INFO) Stopped

can you provide me the info from this command:

/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd get_throttled

• Hello TPmodding,

Thx for the feedback,

Actually giving

"throttled=0x0" (everthing's fine as far as i understood the command)

Which seems quite normal as curiously today, i didn't have the code 19 error.

I ll wait until it fails again to get the value.

• very strange behaviour !

After some tests, i tried to switch the hdmi input from my Tv box to the ps5

Same issue in the main ps5 menu, but when i start a blu ray, leds work fine...

i need to reboot the pi though for leds to run fine on blu ray.

Of course, for tv box and ps5 main menu reboot didn't fix anything.

I tried to use the PS5 hdmi cable on my Tv box, but nothing better.

This is really strange globally.

I ordered a 15A power unit (actually 10A).

Will see if it changes anything but such variable behavior still makes me lean to power issue.

• I don‘t think it‘s a power problem, guess more a HDMI handshake issue. Probably you need an extra HDMI splitter with downscaler, that gives the correct EDID data to your devices. Looking for FeinTech or Ezcoo.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• Hello Mike72,

I look into that.

You mean setting a splitter with downscaler after the grabber (i guess putting the output of the grabber on the input of the splitter) ?

Edit : no, that doesn't make sense, i suppose it is splitter before Grabber

i m supposed to be full 4K on my setup tho (Tv / grabber / Box TV). Isn't a downscaler supposed to "lower" the def to adjust to non 4k display ? (i m quite the nobb in imaging)

Thanks,

• First of all, a Pi2 is very slow. I know, it was preferred in older tutorials, back then there was nothing else. But that was HyperCon "Classic". Hyperion.NG is more "CPU hungry". If you want to use this capture card (USB 3.0) on a Pi2 (USB 2.0), I don't know if it works. Maybe you should use an Pi4, but it is your decision.

You mean setting a splitter with downscaler after the grabber (i guess putting the output of the grabber on the input of the splitter) ?

Edit : no, that doesn't make sense,...

No, after the grabber would be the USB output to the Raspberry Pi. I meant a splitter before your capture card like this...

but you could get issues with Dolby Vision if use.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• Hello Mike72,

Thx for the infos,

i had yesterday another

[hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (ERROR) Throws error nr: VIDIOC_DQBUF error code 19, No such device

[hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (ERROR) VIDIOC_STREAMOFF error code 19, No such device

[hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (INFO) Stopped

after checking Vcgencmd, i got a "throttle 0x50000"

i ll go for a Pi4 and see what it brings (will still be usefull anyway)

will eventually check for the splitter if something's still wrong

atm, only watching a bly ray on the ps5 gives the right ambilight effect, so even if i fix the unstable system i have, i guess there is some kind of issue with the grabber and/or type of image flow.

• Hello,

Switched to Pi4, same situation.

the only moment i get responsive leds is when i watch a blu ray on the ps5 (blu ray only, it does not work with blu-ray 4k).

So it's definitly an image format issue.

Would a feintech splitter help with this ? i guess i need something to "format" input signal so that i get something like yuv420 to feed my grabber (yuv 420 seems to be the format of blu ray on ps5)

Edit : i think a spliiter wih dwonscaler should do the trick, if the grabber accepts only 1 hdmi input and 1 usb ouput, meaning my tv content will stay 4k and the flow to the grabber will be donwscaled to 1080p (blu ray format if i m not wrong)

• Edit : i think a spliiter wih dwonscaler should do the trick, if the grabber accepts only 1 hdmi input and 1 usb ouput, meaning my tv content will stay 4k and the flow to the grabber will be donwscaled to 1080p (blu ray format if i m not wrong)

Maybe but not sure... FeinTech VSP01201 could do the job, but do your sources output HDR 10 or Dolby Vision, you can get issues with pale colors. The only device that can handle it is the HDFury Diva, but really not cheap.

• Some of the capture cards don't work as should with HDCP 2.2

Dolby vision just isn't supported by any capture card yet, we've tried 15. We found a great card that does pretty much everything else - HDMI pass through 4K@60fps 2K@120fps HDR10 Dolby Atmos and USB capture 1080p@60fps, see xbox spec photo, but you will have to find a splitter like Mike72 suggested, good luck on that one for dolby vision without mortgaging your house :D . can direct you to capture card if you message me

• Thanks Mike72 for the infos,

Indeed, i switched my Tv box to non HDR, and it works now (a bit of flickering but i know i have a ground issue :) )

Sad not to use features that would fit my actual TV, but i ll look a bit further into it later on.

Heard a lot about the HDfury, but one of the point going Hyperion was not having to buy something as costly as the Hue lightstrip + dedicated box.

I guess in some time hardware will change and will be able to deal with these new formats.

james2brite, yes, i would love to check your capture card (not used to prvate message for infos that could benefit the entire community ;) )

• Yes, unfortunately that's currently fact. ;(

Maybe in future comes capture cards on the market they can handle HDR and DV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!