Newbie: New version update

• I just installed and got the previous version working a couple of days back.

How to update to new software? Is it possible to directly do it over the air/inline?

Or do i have to download and manually edit the two files(SSH & wpa_supplicant.conf) in PC and do the raspberryPI bring up again?

--Biyer

• Hi There

My setup is replica of this project: shrocky2/Hyperion: Hyperion Ambient Light Project (github.com)

1. WS2812B 236 leds + 300 ohm resistor + Arduino clone

2. RPI3 zero W

3. USB Hub: HDMI Capture card + Arduino

4. 35 watt /5v power brick

5. AVR-Onkyo TX-NR 686

6. TV: MITV(Xiamoi) 55 inch Android TV

7. Firestick-input device

8. ARC HDMI connection thru ARC/HDMI1 out between Onkyo AVR & MITV

9. Sub HDMI connection thru Sub/HDMI2out between AVR & Capture card

9. Splitter: well still experimenting to get the right one to ensure 4K on TV & lower resolution on HDMI capture card

Software: previous version of hyperbian loaded into an SD card and configured with RPI3 Zero W

Things are working- but following 3 issues exist:

1. 4K TV is now working at 1080P at best

2. colors are not yet 100%

3. May be small lag in color transition

4. New sw released as I am just stabilizing the previous one.

I have now removed SD card from PI and ready to install new Hyperbian- but before doing everything all over again i wanted to know if there is an easier direct update method with SDcard still in RPI- after all everything is connected to internet. If its not possible ofcpurse i will flash using balena etcher,add ssh and .conf file as i did previous time and move back to the RPI and get things started again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, there was no update option with Hyperion Alpha 9 yet. So you will have no choice but to remove the SD card and reflash HyperBian. With Hyperion alpha 10 there will be the possibility to update via our APT server. Thank you for your understanding.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!