WS281x Issue in Alpha 10 version

• 2021-07-19T18:38:30.238Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (DEBUG) (LedDeviceWS281x.cpp:59:init()) ws281x strip type : 1050624

2021-07-19T18:38:30.245Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'

----- This instance components' status ------->

ALL - true

SMOOTHING - true

BLACKBORDER - true

FORWARDER - false

BOBLIGHTSERVER - false

GRABBER - false

V4L - false

LEDDEVICE - false

ledcontroller ws281x is not running, i think you have to run Hyperion as root to steer PWM ( audio pulse)

you can do a few things to do this.

first is dtparam=audio=off in config.txt boot section.

if that doesn't work> in terminal of raspi;

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root

sudo reboot now

in Hyperion web page> leddevice has to be green and running.

• Failed to disable unit: Unit file hyperiond@pi.service does not exist.

Before i try this:

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi (WITHOUT D)

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root (WITHOUT D)

And now when i try ssh the hyperion status appear as "stopped"

The led begin with the rainbow swirl boot animation but then i can't enter to the configuration website

• Just wanted to say i was hitting the same error
    and for me it got fixed with the suggested commands above, although i had to reconfigure the instance again.

Code
    sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi
    sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root
    sudo reboot now
  • i have reinstalled the OS again, and then i put the command that were suggested me. And i got this. I run Hyperbian in a raspberry zero

pi@HyperBian:/boot $ sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi

Failed to disable unit: Unit file hyperiond@pi.service does not exist.

pi@HyperBian:/boot $ sudo systemctl enable --now hyperiond@root

Failed to enable unit: Unit file hyperiond@root.service does not exist.

• if you reflashed the latest hyperbian should you not just reconfigure alpha 10 in the dashboard as per the update post by TPmodding , running those commands was a work around to try and repair your previous version that broke on v9 but with a clean install your basically starting from a clean slate so there should be no need to run anyhting.

side note another easy method of installing would be flashing a stable version of libreelec and using Paulchen-Panther install guide Install Hyperion.ng on LibreELEC x86_64/RPi (inoffiziell/unofficially) , it really doenst come much easier than that and will probably use around the same resources as running hyperbian if not less

Just my opinion, good luck

• I will try with LibreELEC then. Thanks for your suggestion.

Now the led strip is working in Hyperbian Alpha-10. But after a while the capture device is deactivated, which causes the LED's to be frozen with the last information they received or they are turned off. And when this happens, I can't access the configuration website "myip:8090". I don't know why this happens. And also the same thing happened to me when I was using Alpha-9. Thanks for your help

• imho running capture card on a zero with hyperion is a lot to ask of the lil board, does this happen when using the internal grabber?

sounds like something is causing your system to hang, could even be a faulty capture device causing it - sode note i recently ran into similar probs with a cheap capture card - didnt hang the system but intermittent working and cutting out.

Good luck

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use connect your LEDs to an ESP board and run WLED on it (for more details see the WLED page).
    You can then stream from Hyperion.ng on Windows to WLED easily.
    There is no need for an extra rpi.

• I know it, but nowi have two instances one connected to an ESP board and another connected to raspberry (behind the tv and welded) then i want use the raspberry as the ESP board and controll both instances with Hyperion on Windows. is it possible ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Connect a WLED your instance on your Hyperion Windows.

Run a 2nd Hyperion on the rpi and forward instance 0 from your Windows Hyperion to the rpi.

Thank should be possible.

But you cannot run WLED on the rpi.

• Came here as I was running into the exact same error after upgrading to v10 with a clean install (I should mention I'm running on a Raspi using HyperBian and reflashed my SD card with the new Image).

Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed

diegoat, just wanted to say that Cslegers's post ended up working for me... however, he added a 'd', so it read 'hyperiond' instead of 'hyperion'. So the commands should look like this:

Code
    sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi
    sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root
    sudo reboot now

This did require me to reconfigure everything as cslegers mentioned, but at least my LEDs are turning on now. So thanks Cslegers.

• Quick clarification question...

I am running into this issue as well, and upgraded from a hyperbian alpha9 raspi config to alpha10. I am not driving LEDs directly with pi GPIO - I am connecting hyperion to a WLED controller. I managed to get it running except the hyperion service won't start automatically after a reboot of the pi. Running the following via ssh will get it running again after a reboot:

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion

If I use the commands referenced above, am I just putting a band-aid on the problem, or is it a legit fix? Or am I better off just flashing a fresh hyberbian with alpha10 (which seems to require no "fixes" like this to make it work)?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!