• My setup:

1. LED: WS2812B 236 leds + 300 ohm resistor + 35 watt /5v power brick

2. LED Controller: Arduino clone

2. Hyperion Server: RPI3 zero W

3. USB Hub : HDMI Capture card + Arduino

5. AVR-Onkyo TX-NR 686- has two HDMI outs- main(ARC) & Sub

6. TV: MITV(Xiamoi) 55 inch Android TV: supports ARC

7. Input device: Firestick 4K: This is my main content source

8. USB 2.0 HDMI Capture card: Maximum input resolution: 3840x2160 @ 30Hz, maximum output/recording resolution: 1920x1080 @ 30Hz, 1280x720P @ 60Hz.

9. HDMI Splitter: Orei 4K 1x2 HDMI Duplicator Splitter by OREI - with Scaler 2 Ports with Full Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, 4K at 60Hz 4: 4: 4 1080p & 3D Supports EDID Control - UHD-PRO102

Connection Model1:

1. HDMI connection from Onkyo AVR HDMI Output1 Main/ARC to MITV 4K

2. HDMI connection from Onkyo AVR HDMI Output2 Sub to USB2.0 HDMI Capture card

Negative Issue: 4KTV MITV becomes 1080P TV

Positive Issue: ARC and Hyperion works well

Connection Model2:

1. HDMI Connection from Onkyo AVR HDMI Output1 Main/ARC to HDMI Splitter

2. HDMI Connection from Splitter to MITV 4K

3. HDMI Connection from Splitter to USB 2.0 HDMI Capture card

Negative Issue: ARC Lost- multiple remotes; MITV Android App based playback now doesnt get Audio processed by AVR

Positive Issue: Hyperion now working with 4K

How to combine the best of both models? How can i get 4K, Hyperion and ARC all working together? It seems like right now I can get only 2 out of 3. Not all 3 of:

1. Hyperion

2. 4K

2. ARC

If i buy a different capture card will i be able to revert to connection model1 where ARC works but 4K doesnt because AVR sees my capture card as being lower than 4K resolution.

If I buy a different capture card capable of doing 4K/pass thru/HDC2.2 etc will RPI ZeroW work? If not which RPI i should get? Are there other bottlenecks i cant see if i go down this path?

Pls suggest a resolution to finalize my hardware setup. Its working but its messy without ARC.

Thanks,

Biyer

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • Hi biyer I'm waiting on someone else to test on firestick 4k, but I made a 100" set up using a Pi3 this amazing video capture card and ws2813/60 leds. Only needed these three components.

Here's my set up, I'm running off xbox one x for pretty much everything, but tested Netflix and Prime, 4k bluray and games. No issue except a periodic flash (30.3 seconds in) on led caused by 3.3v being sent from pi to led data because i

I'm using 7.5m length, solving this with a logic level converter (I hope).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2ek…%20light%20proj1.mp4?dl=0

• I know a workaround for the ARC/e-ARC problem because had that myself.

On most tv's you have several HDMI inputs, one of them is always ARC/e-ARC compatibel.

how i did it, i connected the following:

Nvidia Shield PRO > 4k splitter >

1. 4 k HDMI output to tv HDMI channel one
    2. 1080P output > HDMI/AV converter > USB grabber > PI > Hyperion.NG > leds

AVR Pioneer main monitor OUT > HDMI audio extractor > to tv HDMI channel two ( ARC/e-ARC channel)

then select on AVR HDMI settings ARC ( audio return channel)

then select on tv ARC settings and then it should work.

You are using main monitor OUT on AVR NOT a selectable source!

thats how i did it :)

• james2brite so you are saying that getting 4K HDMI grabber with EDID HDCP 2.2 support will enable me to go back to my "Connection model1" where i can enjoy both 4K on TV as well as getting hyperion to work normally with ARC back in action? Basically the capture card will fool my AVR to think 2nd HDMI is connected to 4K device too and therefore it will send 4k signals with ARC to MITV thru HDMIoutput1/MAIN/ARC? What about raspberryPI Zerow & USB3.0 issue? Do I need to change the PI? Which PI?

• let me refrase this; you can use the ARC/e-ARC option with using only 1 HDMI cable.

it was invented for that to minimize cables from and to the AVR.

with my setup you are just using 2 HDMI cables to the tv.

the 1th one is for the live feed of the source to >> your tv

the 2nd one is for the capturing of the sound from << the tv , the tv will detect a ARC/e-ARC device and transmit the sound to the AVR monitor OUT.

• I know a workaround for the ARC/e-ARC problem because had that myself.

I am sorry I am trying to follow your answer but I am getting stuck. Basically you are asking me to move the HDMI splitter from HDMI output side of the AVR to the input side of the HDMI.

i.e:

Firestick4K-> HDMI 1:2 Splitter|

Splitter| HDMIOut1--------------------------- -> HDMI Input of AVR

Splitter| HDMIOut2-----------------------------> HDMI Input of 1080P Capture card

2. AVR HDMI Output1/ARC CHannel -------> HDMI cable -----> MITV ARC HDMI Port

Did I follow correct? I am sorry if I did not follow correctly - thanks for trying to help.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

biyer I am currently running from source through my senheisser sound bar to a projector, but in theoretically you can take the signal for usb-2-Pi first, off the source device before it goes to avr then just connect avr to tv, I've tested this way and still 4K signal, or use Ambientheater77 method (bit pricier) sorry Lighting-guy 8o 8)

Splitter| HDMIOut1--------------------------- -> HDMI Input of AVR HDMI input of tv ( thats your live feed image)

Splitter| HDMIOut2-----------------------------> HDMI Input of 1080P Capture card

try it like this

note; i had to do it like this because my AVR is not capable for 4K signals.

so had to separate audio and 4K HDMI

• @james2brite

can you please post the result of

Code
    usb-devices
    v4l2-ctl --all
    v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext

from this grabber, thanx.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• try it like this

Lighting-guy77, thank you so much for the idea- i have finally solved all the issues and got all 3: ARC,4K and Hyperion working perfectly! And that too without going ahead with any further purchase of 4K capture card or ARC extractor etc. Thank you so much.

Your exact idea did not work for me but since my AVR is 4k- the following connections worked perfectly!!

Splitter| HDMIOut1--------------------------- -> HDMI Input of AVR

• but in theoretically you can take the signal for usb-2-Pi first, off the source device before it goes to avr then just connect avr to tv, I've tested this way and still 4K signal

Thanks James! in principle this idea is also the same. Thanks to both of you I have my issue resolved in 1 day!!

• Lighting-guy77, thank you so much for the idea- i have finally solved all the issues and got all 3: ARC,4K and Hyperion working perfectly! And that too without going ahead with any further purchase of 4K capture card or ARC extractor etc. Thank you so much.

thats so cool man,

i actually didn't know you can connect the AVR 2 times with in and output on quite the same HDMI signal, i was thinking ( in first place) this was going to be a hazzard.

but nice to know that works!

so my new AVR4k is going to be wired like this :) ;)

ps; now currently i have a Onkyo 1080P AVR which can not process 4K signals so had to be creative

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!