Great Colours, except yellow and white range, light green dead LED

• Hey Guys,

I have a pi3b running on hyperbian 9 (not ready to take on 10 yet)

using 7.5m of ws2813/60led- 420 count- on ws281x setting, bi-wired to gpio18 (only way I could seem to get led functioning, gpio10 and 11 had fixed colours)

And a good external usb video capture card.

All colours are great straight out of the box, flesh tones and everything (I did drop green to 215 on image processing), but pure white signal just has dead leds, off white is fine though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• james2brite

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Perfect Colours, except pure white signal dead LED“ zu „Perfect Colours, except pure white signal, dead LED“ geändert.
  • Read this link. WS2813 has no Data and Clock wires like APA102, they driven by dual signal wire

Mike72 Thanks, that would explain the need to set on ws281x, bi-wired to gpio18.

Power to leds, is coming straight off a power block, but do you think converting data to 5v from pi would help with dead pixels on pure white? (I'm trying a logic level converter soon, in hopes of removing flash-see 30.3 seconds into video)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2ek…100inch%20screen.mp4?dl=0

• I don't know... WS2813 has also a higher refresh frequency of 2kHz. Maybe you can fix this with a higher baudrate in Hyperion.

You can make nothing wrong using a level shifter with a LED length of 7.5 meters.:thumbup:

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Okay, no idea about WS2813, I never tried this. The datasheet says, they also use the RPi_ws281x python library, so basically

should support by Hyperion. But how they should correct connected to the RPi? GPIO18 parallel to the two data lines? :/

I don't know.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• OK so got the led wired right, but on a test suggested by pclin (thanks) The results in the yellow range and white are all off, light green now dead:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Any suggestions?

• james2brite

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Perfect Colours, except pure white signal, dead LED“ zu „Great Colours, except yellow and white range, light green dead LED“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!