Just not working

• Here's a video of the wiring....

Wiring

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvzg…07-24%2021.28.05.mov?dl=0

I put a # back in front of SPI, thinking that's what stopped it.

I did make 1 change. I added a second power supply for the end. 5V 10 Amp.

I re-flashed Pi and reinstalled Hyperion. Now nothing again.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TPmodding () aus folgendem Grund: 2 Beiträge von byrdman mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• I did make 1 change. I added a second power supply for the end. 5V 10 Amp.

byrdman a simple solution to level out the power is just to simply loop the one power source to both ends, I am running 7.5m of led and it has stopped flickering at the end of the run. as long as correct terminals it's a good way to do it.

After install are you following Ambientheater77 instructions from this link?

• 1.) I think one issue is, your data cable from the Pi to the LEDs is much too long and it's unshielded. They works like an antenna and catch some interferences. Make it shorter, max. 1/2 meter and use a shielded cable, maybe you have an old cinch cable...?

Inner conductor to data, outer conductor to ground. If that's not possible you should use a level shifter. This push the data signal from 3.3V to 5V, which corresponds to the specifications of the LEDs.

2.) Connecting two power supplies in parallel could cause additional problems. In the worst case, they can overheat and burn! Believe me, I'm electrical technician and I know what I'm talking about ;).

We also don't know how many LEDs you have installed ...?

Calculate 0.06 Amp per LED = max. required power of the power supply.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• Looking for a link to Lighting-guy77 the link just got me to his profile here.

How about a wiring diagram for using a level shifter. And what's the best one. I looked at some forum chat and there seems to be strong opinions.

I have 228 LEDs in my setup, so 13.69 Amp. Is that right? So my 15 Amp on one end should be fine, right? So do I understand right, I should have power going to both ends, both from the same power supply?

Should I run all the code james2brite gave me? Will that make Hyperion boot as default?

I'm still new to Pi coding but I'm a quick learner with guidance, and I thank you again. This help is awesome!

This looks like one I've seen used a few times.

Cylewet Channel Converter Arduino CYT1070

Cylewet Channel Converter Arduino CYT1070

Should I get these?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TPmodding () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von byrdman mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• I should have power going to both ends, both from the same power supply?

yes from the same PSU, GND and +5 volts VCC together on the same ledstrip is no problem.

never use diffrent PSU on the same device/electronics, ONLY GND/ V- / minus you can merge together from diffrent PSU

How about a wiring diagram for using a level shifter. And what's the best one.

• byrdman you need to use gpio18 and for longer leds just loop same power at both ends, use seperate power on led from pi BUT have a common ground. davieboy has helped me massively over today.

Do you know how to use putty? To install hyperian to libreelec?

follow these steps for a much better running system:

I now have my system running off libreelec and kodi from the pi. it runs alpha 10 on our type of leds without any changes to hyperion code. also gets you ready for wled and better colour response and everything using a D1 mini: buy me

first install this on your sd card for pi 2 and 3:

https://releases.libreelec.tv/…LEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.6.img.gz

Then connect your pi to a monitor and set up your wifi including country code, once you have kodi running use putty to connect to libre

install and open putty on your windows machine and ssh into the pi

host will be the ip of the pi

user: root

password: libreelec

port: 22

then once on libre command on putty type this:

wget -qO- https://git.io/JU4Zx | bash

This will install latest version of hyperion

then reboot kodi and it should all work (nb kodi changed my ip address, so note this down to access in putty and hyperion UI)

• My response to video is connect/loop the led power from start of led to end of led, not from power block to both, and your data from pi is very long. If you want the pi that far away, then wled is the route

• yeah but you want it less than 50cm. Ok so, wled is a controller board that will talk to hyperion on libreelec installed on your pi using for example aircookie software via the wifi so you have pi by your sources and the D1 board wires to your led power supply and led connect through it, they then talk through wifi, hence WLED, it also converts data signal back to 5v, so no need for a seperate converter

• james2brite

you spread half-knowledge, please let it be.

WLED on ESP8266 or ESP32

Compatible hardware

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!