Just not working

• I have 228 LEDs in my setup, so 13.69 Amp. Is that right?

:thumbup:

So my 15 Amp on one end should be fine, right?

Yes, but at both ends. This prevents a strong voltage drop.

So do I understand right, I should have power going to both ends, both from the same power supply?

Yes, for 228 LEDs you should even better to feed in a third time in the middle.

If you see then lower brightness in the middle of the LED strip you should do this. But for the first test it's okay.

I upgraded the data line.

Looks much better! Install the level shifter then as close as possible to the RPi.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• byrdman heads just exploded with all the information. Look into WLED if you feel the need once you get this setup running

I reckon you must of been close, you worked your way along.

with all the advice and conspiracy around that signal cable could you not just dangle the pi up and over that hook instead of down and made that wire really short (same for led ground to pi) - just for testing purposes - you will make Mike72 smile and you can always solder it back together again afterwards.

As if the data wire is short and you are getting good Supply and Ground to the LEDS surely it can only be config / settings or dead leds from when it got hot.

the2812b should run without any shifters or they should at least light up providing there on the right pins maybe practise that terminal thing and try these - they might not work but i hope basic stuff like that is the same on mac

Code
    ssh pi@your-pi-ip

you may need to accept a ssh key if its the first time you have connected to the pi and put in the pi users password, once you get in try this one

Code
    cat /boot/config.txt

if it works copy all those lines and paste them straight into code blocks in the forum just as a refresher and to see if putty slipped in a few bad lines

Good Luck :thumbup:

• That's great info on ethernet :)

yes and it really works, did that with ws2801 and christmass deco on the window

bare in mind; using the twisted pair green white for data and CLK and for power blue+white and brown+white twisted

the shielding you can connect to either earth or V-

cable to use is FTP and/or CAT6 or CAT6a

not CAT5 because the wires to thin

• Code
    systemctl status hyperion

if its up and running , something serious must be going on as with a clean install of LE9 and using the install from tutorial section, you really cant go wrong, hopefully you have already tried the bold text in This Post

Just noticed you cant get the UI - im sure another user had similar probs like this before - think he was using wifi and couldn't access the UI, as soon as he plugged a cable in he was able to reach it

• Zitat

The bash command at the end of the line is missing.

You are my hero.

That fixed it

So, in the UI I said Controller type is ws281x, set up my light counts. Went to Capturing Hardware and turned on USB and Screen capture. Tried with screen capture off also. I also turned of api in network services.

Again we are now in Kodi/libreelec now. If that matters.

But this what I get:

Not working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtp4…07-31%2019.40.44.mov?dl=0

After restart and messing with settings more

after restart

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej4e…07-31%2020.19.05.mov?dl=0

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TPmodding () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von byrdman mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• So I installed level shifter and this is what resulted...

The change...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgi43oo6fl4opb6/IMG_1355.MOV?dl=0

Is it unusual that when I press 'Live Video' it doesn't show me what's on screen? I know I've seen it before but not now.

I decided to scrap libreelec and go back to Pi

Please tell me how to get Hyperion as root?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TPmodding () aus folgendem Grund: 2 Beiträge von byrdman mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• byrdman: First of all, make a backup of your current configuration!

For me, this works from user spiff72:

Edit the hyperion.service file in /etc/systemd/system to add a line to the [Service] section:
    User=root

Run: sudo systemctl disable --now hyperiond@pi

Run: sudo systemctl daemon-reload (not really sure if this was necessary) :/

Run: sudo reboot

After rebooting, the service hyperion was showing up under systemctl --all, and the hyperiond@pi is gone.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• I don't see the "/etc/systemd/system" directory on the Pi SD card. Is that where?

I booted up the system with a monitor and found it. But when I edit it and try to save it, it says Permission Denied.

and the name of the file I found was "hyperiond@.service"

Is that it? I don't see one named what you said.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TPmodding () aus folgendem Grund: 2 Beiträge von byrdman mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• I don't see the "/etc/systemd/system" directory on the Pi SD card. Is that where?

thats in your root folder when the OS is running. You can come there by using SSH/putty or VNC viewer

commands is: ls (list folder) cd / (goes to next directory in folder) cd .. (one step back in folder)

and the name of the file I found was "hyperiond@.service"

its that one or without de D in hyperion

if you want to to something in terminal then use sudo command before the line.

sudo is administrator rights granted command.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!