where can i download alpha 9 or older versions which works?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most of the users face the issue that they running ws281x LEDs but that by default do not work. The reason is that for ws281x LEDs Hyperion needs to be run under root.

For security reasons Hyperion does not longer run under root per default on a Hyperbian image.

Before you go through the burden of compiling yourself or install other images, I would suggest you first check why Hyperion alpha10 is not working on your case.

That will

a) Help all of us, if is a general Problem

b) Save you a good effort of time…

PS: If you see an „mmap“ Error in your log, it is the „run under root“ problem.

The solution is already described in the forum.

• Solution of this issue

I have the same problem ws281x pi zero alpha 10

But it working after try solution of Lighting-guy77

in terminal of raspi;

sudo systemctl disable --now hyperion@pi

sudo systemctl enable --now hyperion@root

sudo reboot now

• Just for anyone reading this post, I also had issues, but they were a minor fix for all over better system. It's like anything new, we just have to understand it first.

Loving alpha 10 now. ps, ws281X users - libreELEC 9.2.8 and unofficial alpha 10 install works out the box, just like 9, if you leave pi connect to tv via HDMI (doesn't need to be selected source on the TV though).

hyperion-project.org/forum/ind…d/&postID=24932#post24932
  • Hi, I know this thread is ancient now but I just wanted to say.. I used the hyperbian install instructions on a Pi Zero W, and it just would not start automatically (Hyperion), and after reading many, many pages of forum posts, articles trying to figure out the jargon everyone was saying in their threads which I don't understand, literally hours of my life trying to figure out how to edit configuration files that I didn't even know how to locate in the Pi system at first and failing...

THIS solution worked and I'm so thankful you posted about it veeralight! Thank you. I don't know if the issue occurred because I edited the advanced settings in the raspberry pi imager and changed the default username, or if it's just a bug in the version of Hyperion w/ a Pi Zero W, no clue, but it's resolved. Thank you, and thanks to @Lighting-guy77 too for sharing the fix with you. God bless the internet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!