Bluetooth Mode for AtmoOrb... and more, sorry

• Hi,

I'm AmbiMod, a very big fan of Hyperion and a compulsive user. :omg:

I have a blog in french where people can find a lot information to make an Ambilight using a Raspberry/Odroid..., Different information to understand Ambilight DIY or in Kit and many installation option with Hue Like ( AtmoOrb ), MutliZones LEDStrip with NodeMcu/ESP-01 using Forwarding, use Philips Hue in combinaison with an Ambilight and Hue Like if needed, Hue Like by using camera and a lot of Adalight solution like Ambibox, Prismatik, Adrilight and Synlight ( using a NodeMCU and Wifi ) ....

To take a look it can be found here http://ambimod.jimdo.com. ( In French Sorry ).

I'm actually working on my last version of Ambilight Box and plan to propose it on my Website Ambishop.jimdo.com in a few months.

In fact this is a 3 in 1 product. A DiskStation ( for 2 HDD/SSD in SATA3 or USB3 ), an AmbiPiNas box ( Ambilight possible but with minus possibility and a one Disk on the top ) and an AmbiPiBox for different Pi ( Raspberry, Odroid.. ) and for all configuration possible like Videograbber alone, Splitter + Grabber HDMI, Splitter + Grabber RCA + Videograbber..., and 4K HDR 18GBPs solution with a Splitter 4K + Downscaler and Grabber HDMI

Here you can find an exemple with 2 HDD on the 1st picture, the empty box ( the base ) on the 2nd picture and all the possibility in the 3rd.

I'm not here to talk about my BOX but this in an introduction to present all projects and mostly one, my LightPack 2 Pixels Like.

I reproduce the Pixel using the AtmoOrb system. I combine an ESP-01 ( or a NodeMCU Amica ) with a TP4056 Lipo Charger, a 1000 mah battery and i put all of this in my Ambilight puck. Here you can see what it looks like :

and a vidéo where you can see my old Ambilight Ball prototype :D ( Autonomy in use 6 hours :( )

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

And with a Picamera ( 1st beta test vidéo without configuration... ) :

More vidéos if you want here https://ambimod.jimdo.com/vidéos/

I made a new puck with bluetooth possibility using a Digispark and a HC05 Module or an ESP01 to use Wifi. I change the On/Off Switch by a 3D printer Level Switch for an easier use.

Now i can ask my question lol :

Could it be possible to adapt AtmoOrb to use the Bluetooth instead Wifi ?

I'm very good in Ambilight..., pretty good in 3D drawing but a Zero in programmation so that's the reason i ask for help.
    I already found this Github to made a Bluetooth Adalight but it's not what i'm looking for.
    Here for info https://github.com/alanwoolley/adalight_bluetooth

Thank you in advance for reading and for your anwers.

YouS

PS : Thanks all the developper and people making Hyperion very essential and awesome. :thumbup:

Specially @penfold42 @redPanther @BioHaZard1 @Sabaat Ahmad @Brindosch @Rick164 and many others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wow!

Absolutely amazing work :omg::thumbup:
    For the bluetooth part it's a bit tricky on the mobile OS side for instance, Hyperion could support if you have a piece of software running on Raspberry which transmits to your own sub process (bluetooth serial probably).
    As Hyperion can pipe to file or temporary memory if I recall correctly but [USERGROUP=7]@Developers[/USERGROUP] know this in more detail :)

• Thank you @Rick164

I'm very proud you appreciate a piece of my work lol. When i read your answer i understood that it's possible but developpers need to make few adjustements to get it working.
    Maybe it's not on the top of their lists and perhaps, one day, we will see this feature available.( it's hard to become a developper for me :eek:, i took the wrong way :crying: )

Nevermind, I also saw on an old post that somebody asking about making Ambilight Over Bluetooth. When i got my HC05 and HC06 Bluetooth module normally in few days i will test to make it working on my installation with my Odroid C2 or Pi Zero with Staff Members given advices. It will be a begining for me with Bluetooth device and a consolation price.

I already saw many project using a Camera like Rambilight or AmbiCam and few other ( 3 or 4 i guess )... I tried to get it working with PiCamera and Hyperion but big problem with border color detection following the imprecise camera capture and invevitably need use of OpenCV instead. That the reason i propose a tutorial for Hue Like and not Ambilight using a camera.

Nobody in Hyperion team working on this feature ?

So, you can check my other hyperion-project post where i show the majority of my work here https://hyperion-project.org/t…ts-hope-you-like-it.1454/

And maybe i will have a Wow ! once again :omg:

Thank you again for your answer. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Bluetooth might prove difficult though for fast-paced ambilight due to latency and overall interference as it shares the same frequency space of WiFi (2,4Ghz) with lower power output / range.

Never tried it before but will be working on AtmoOrb V2 within 2 months or so which will be using WeMos hardware and other LED rings (probably 60 / 90 per Orb), not much of a graphics / hardware designer so always impressed what people can come up with :)
    Will be making documentation / howto just like with AtmoOrb V1 and this time you won't have to rely on the Spark web service as it just be flashed over WiFi with Arduino IDE.

• Thank you both for answering.

In fact i use Digispark and HC Module because it can be easily replace my ESP-01 but i also build Ambilight big ball with an Amica NodeMCU. Change for an ESP32 will not be a problem.

I already ordered a piece of ESP32 for testing and 1m of SK6812 RGBW.

Just for information i already have at home many ws2812b ring in 8 and 12 LEDS, 4m in SK6812 RGB and 1m in SK6812 RGB mini in 5mm, 1m of WS2813 and 5m of SK9822, 3 Hue Lamp and 2 Yeelight, 5 ESP-01, 5 NodeMCU Amica ( v2 ) and 5 NodeMCU Lolin ( v3 ) so if you want a beta tester i'm the man of all situation lol.

As i wrote many Ambilight tutorial ( for free, no pub, no money nothing and that's what i would, share information for the french community and learning indeed ) i need all this stuff :)

But this is not the point, if we can ( not me lol ) have something working in bluetooth that will be a good thing because 6 hours autonomy is very poor. ( compare to the 3 days Lightpack Pixels but with a battery x3 larger ).

• For the moment i only test with a 12 and 16 LEDs ring but i'll plan to use 8 LEDs ring ( the smallest ) with my new Ambilight puck. The big ball in 16 LEDs falled down 2 hours before the ball with 12 LEDs. So maybe i can reach a 8-10 hours autonomy if i'm optimist.

Is pretty good i guess for a 1000 mah battery and Wifi use. Do you think that a Bluetooth Low Energy use will take less power than Wifi ?

I have another project using only Digispark or Adafruit Trinket and i reached a day, 1 day and half with 7 SK6812 Mini but no Wifi in this one. ( Mini or not the LED are the same, 5mm 5050. 3528 Ring Adressable LEDs exist ?? and if yes it will take less power ? )

I know that SK6812 RGBW took 80 mA per LEDs so it's not an option, maybe the SK6812 RGB need less energy than WS2812B. What is the good model choice and the good number ? 4 like the Lightpack Pixels but not feasible without soldering....
    Too many questions lol

Note that my little baby work on sector too :D but a wireless solution is more in the mood of the time.

Sorry if my English is broken... i try to practice without my friend Google Translation :facepalm: and the french have a reputation to speak english like a **** :p

Here an interesting project using camera in relation with hyperion : https://github.com/ch1bo/ambicam

AmbiCam
    Scripts for extracting LED Colors for "AmbiLight"-Clones using a RaspberryPi and the PiCamera.

NOTE This is a pre-alpha, work-in-progress, hobby project and is not (yet) destined to work for anybody else than my setup.

TODO

• Use Hyperion LED geometry (from config)
    • Fix / re-enable custom warping of the border regions
    • Automatic calibration using OpenCV and controlling leds
    • Configurable border, offset, blurring and mean calculations
    • Proper blackborder detection

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!