RaPi 4, Arduino UNO, WS2811 always show two colors

• Hello all,

i configured my setup with a Raspberry Pi 4 and the Raspberry Pi OS lite with the following Tutorial.
    I use a HDMI splitter and a 3RCA adapter.

My Raspberry Pi is connected with the Arduino via USB and gets detected by Hyperion.

The Arduino is connected with the LED strip on Pin 6.

Futhermore i have a Video grabber connected to my Raspi. The Video Grabber is connected to the 3RCA adapter, which is connected to the HDMI splitter and my PS4.

The Video Grabber gets detected by Hyperion as USB Recording Hardware "AV TO USB 2.0".

So far my setup "works". When i start my Raspberry, first the LED blink twice white. After that i get the Rainbow swirl.

I can even visualize the video input and see my PS4 screen.

But the colors I see are totally incorrect. For example, when I use the RGB Byte order Assistent, I always see two colors. My strip is then exactly divided in two which show two different colors.

At red: the first half is green and the second half is red.

At green: the first half is blue and the second half is green.

So instead of only showing one color i always get two different colors.

Sometimes when i restart, it only blinks twice and nothing happens after.

My Arduino code is from the hyperion Github.

Hyperion config:

When conected to the RaPi I can only find the "hyperion.config.jsoon.default". Where can I find my modified one?

Thanks for the help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

After that i get the Rainbow swirl.

does this work? without any color problems? otherwise could you show us some pictures from the 2 leds where the stripe changes it color....

did you choose ws2811 here? https://github.com/hyperion-pr…adalight/adalight.ino#L24

did you change the led count here https://github.com/hyperion-pr…adalight/adalight.ino#L21

afaik the ws2811 stripes use 3 leds per 1 IC so if you have 300leds you have to change your led count to 100

• Zitat

does this work? without any color problems? otherwise could you show us some pictures from the 2 leds where the stripe changes it color....

Rainbow swirl looks fine.

RAINBOW SWIRL:

RED TEST:

GREEN TEST:

Zitat

did you choose ws2811 here? https://github.com/hyperion-pr…adalight/adalight.ino#L24

did you change the led count here https://github.com/hyperion-pr…adalight/adalight.ino#L21

afaik the ws2811 stripes use 3 leds per 1 IC so if you have 300leds you have to change your led count to 100

Yes, i changed the Arduino code with the WS2811 and changed the led count to 72

Exactly. I have 216 leds which are 72 ICs. So in configured arduino and hyperion with 72 leds.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JaMa-95 () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von JaMa-95 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Zitat

can you provide pics from the IC where the color changes are...detailed from the ic... did you try do press a little bit on the IC... maybe the IC is damaged or wrong soldered...

I just checked everything with the arduino only. LED strip shows the correct colors on every led.

So i think with the arduino and the LED strip everything should be fine

• Arduino code:

• log from WEB Server:

Where can i find the hyperion config?

I can only find: /hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json.default

Which has nothing changed inside

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JaMa-95 () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von JaMa-95 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• Zitat

what happens if you start the knight rider effect?

The purple green leds you can see on the bottom right are always lit up and the green and red shuffle till these leds.

When the white leds start my 216 leds stop, so thats just overhead.

Zitat

can you provide pics from the IC where the color changes are...detailed from the ic

sorry, here they are (though my phone camera is not the best).

I already tried another WS2811 stripe with the same result. So i guess the problem is not with the stripe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!