LED Layout - How to manage bottom setup around soundbar

• I have my lights wrapping around my soundbar which means the bottom has more LEDs...but Im having a bit of a challenge getting the lights to line directly up with the image. Please see the below image and as you can see the bottom is out by a far bit!!! The actual LED # is Right 21 Top 36 Left 20 and Bottom 43

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • Thought I would try and make it easier to highlight my setup by drawing the actual LED config out - If I enter these values in Hyperion unfortunately its totally not lining up.

This is the Hyperbian numbers that got the output of the photograph as provided in the first post:

"classic": {

"bottom": 46,

"left": 22,

"right": 22,

"top": 36

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

• Offizieller Beitrag

DiggerPop You can only solve this via a custom layout. The problem are the vertical LEDs left and right to the soundboard.

They should not used in a linear mapping of screen areas to LEDs, because they create a shift.

What you could do is configuring a

36 LEDs Button and top layout.

Then insert an additional LED Mapping entry at the left and right position of your soundboard.

If you want to have them disabled, just blacklist them after inserting.

Otherwise you may use the same mapping as the previous (left side) and following (right) side LED.

The first two LEDs you might want to blacklist too and set your Start LED to 2 ( which is the third LED in the strip).

More background on custom layouts you find here:

https://docs.hyperion-project.…/Advanced.html#led-layout

• The actual LED # is Right 21 Top 36 Left 20 and Bottom 43

And your drawing along with it makes it even stranger.

What do you expect from such a structure?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

DiggerPop
    a) Switch to settings level "Advanced" or "Expert" (use the wrench at the top right )

b) You Should see a Generated/Current LED Configuration tab where the individual mapping records are show.
    That you need to modify.
    c) I suggest you configure the classic Layout and then update (without the soundbar)

d) Now fix cur layout via the custom configuration
    Add your vertical LEDs at the correct position (click preview to see that the total number is now ok)

e) Then blacklist the first two

Hoping this works as expected

• Offizieller Beitrag

DiggerPop
    Step C is just to create an initial layout which is near the target one.
    You might have recognised that the total LED number is less the the one of your strip.
    This configuration you find in the custom layout text box.
    Every record represent one LED mapping. The first record is LED 0, 2nd record LED 1, etc.

{

"hmax": 1,

"hmin": 0.8571,

"vmax": 0.2,

"vmin": 0

},

Step D is to ensure that all LEDs are configured.
    Given that the LEDs on the soundbar should not shift other LEDs, you now are inserting them.
    I suggest you move to ~ record #90 and insert the following

{

"hmax": 0,

"hmin": 0,

"vmax": 0,

"vmin": 0

},

Now move to the end and add the same.

If you save, you will find two LEDs staying black.
    If they do not match the LEDs left and right to the soundbar, update the layout by moving the respective record up or down until the correct LEDs stay black.

• Thank you for your response Lord-Grey . Is this approach basically turning off the soundbar sides? Or is is enabling them to turn on however not shifting the bottom lights out of picture alignment? My desired outcome would be the LEDs on each side of the soundbar light up and reflect the colour in that position but dont negatively impact the colour alignment/shifting? Does that explanation make sense?

Just a quick edit, I have re-read this a few times....is the plan that once I have located where the soundbar LEDs are by setting them black...then I could copy the LED setting prior to the vertical LED drop and that will light the light with the previous colour...but will not shift the lights out of alignment?

I also got some of the LED counts slightly wrong on the bottom of the TV (including Soundbar). I have updated accordingly in this image

Also in regards to the bottom LED count. I have a total of 40 (not including the vertical soundbar LEDs; however 3 of the 40 are hidden behind the bar and are excess (thus blacklist) therefore should my bottom run be set as 39 with blacklisting the first 3 at the point the LED strip starts? And then I find my soundbar LED numbers and action in the custom config text as you described above?)

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

then I could copy the LED setting prior to the vertical LED drop and that will light the light with the previous colour...but will not shift the lights out of alignment?

Yes. I only asked you starting with the black ones that you find the exact position.

Later you could replace those entries with the previous records (left) and following one (right).

Also in regards to the bottom LED count. I have a total of 40 (not including the vertical soundbar LEDs; however 3 of the 40 are hidden behind the bar and are excess (thus blacklist) therefore should my bottom run be set as 39 with blacklisting the first 3 at the point the LED strip starts?

Finally you need to have 36! different "capture" areas on the screen which map to the correct LEDs.
    Start thinking from which areas of the screen needs to be mapped, do not think from the number of LEDs....

That is why I suggested you start with 36 on the bottom to get the right records created in the manual config (see sample config image).
    Now you need to manipulate that config that way it fits your LED strip by adding the additional records.

Hoping that little sketch illustrates the idea:

As this is DIY, you might need some iterations... I can only provide you some general pointers of the logic, but you might need just trying it out.

• Lord-Grey I want to thank you so much for your help, support and kindness. I have now got a pretty accurate reflection of my screen and its all thanks to you! Thanks again, I am now tempted to build an even bigger ambilight project for my projector screen!!!

Setting thread as resolved

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von DiggerPop () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by DiggerPop into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!