Alpha 10 - is it no longer possible to choose protobuffer input?

• After upgrading to Alpha 10, my setup technically still works, but:

1. I cannot find a way of choosing protobuffer input in the Hyperion web interface anymore

2. I cannot change to protobuffer using the API (HomeAssistant integration - there used to be GRABBER input available in Alpha 9, but its gone in Alpha 10)

Am i doing something wrong?

• It is not - in Source selection i can only see System - Effect: Trails color with priority 254 and grayed out "Source active" button (the default input) even when the Hyperion is showing up Flatbuffers.

But my main worry is not being able to select those sources through API. Until Alpha 9 API was reporting "GRABBER" source which was working fine for Proto/Flat buffers. In Alpha 10 "GRABBER" was replaced with "Platform Capture" and "USB Capture" source but none of them seem to work for network sources.

• Offizieller Beitrag

First of all, it depends on which external application sends the data via protobuffer. Are you sure that the protobuffer port in your external application matches Hyperion? Does the data from your external application via Protobuffer arrive in the WebUI at all?

Maybe something is wrong with the Hyperion HomeAssistant integration.

Switching priorities via Json API works (see link below). The renaming in the WebUI from "GRABBER" to "Platform Capture" is only visual. Therefore nothing has changed in the program code.

https://streamable.com/06dq7c

• Zitat

First of all, it depends on which external application sends the data via protobuffer

im using DirectX Hyperion Grabber with flatbuffers and Kodi plugin with protobuffers.

Zitat

Are you sure that the protobuffer port in your external application matches Hyperion

Yes, and the capture DOES work. The problem is that i cannot choose it.

Zitat

Maybe something is wrong with the Hyperion HomeAssistant integration.

Nothing has changed in my Home Assistant configuration. The integration does see the new sources as reported by Hyperion API, but choosing "Platform Capture" doesn't select the network grabber, and immediately before the update from Alpha 9 to Alpha 10, when i was selecting "GRABBER" it worked. Im not sure if "Platform capture" is the same thing as GRABBER was - seems that "Platform capture" means Screen capture as that is what shows up when i select it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dinth I just installed the latest Home Assistant version trying to get an idea about the above.

HA shows the selection of Platform- or USB-Grabber (regardless, if I run a Alpha9 or 10).
    By that you can switch either on or off.

If you run a flat-/protobuf feed it normally gets a priority and might overlay platform or USB capture (that is dependent on the prriority that is sent).
    What you might have seen before is that you e.g. run a Platform (aka Screengrabber) and a Protobuf feed.
    As you disabled the Platform grabbing, protobuf got into scope (i.e. lowest priority) why you might have thought you switched protobuf input. Here you disabled Platform capture and the the autoselect switch to the other source.

Maybe you share a view of the Hyperion Remote Control screen while running a protbuf input stream.

• Hey. Thanks for looking into this, i really appreciate your help

I just had another - this time longer - look in Remote control section and it behaves weirdly.

After switching the HyperionScreenGrab off and on again it connects automatically, works fine and shows up in the UI:

First and foremost - i have just noticed that every time i am trying to refresh the page (hitting Reload button or f5) Hyperion resets the source to system default - both in the UI and on LEDs. Im not even touching the computer with Hyperion here, just checking the web interface on a laptop:

Now I am not even seeing a way of switching back to Flatbuffers, but HyperionScreenCap still running and grabbing the screen.

Now lets stop and restart HyperionScreenCap again, it connects and Hyperion, selects it as a source automatically (same as on the first screenshot)

Home Assistant is now showing that my Hyperion still has "Solid colour" source - it is not recognizing Flatbuffers as "Platform grabber" source.

Previously i had some complex automations in Home Assistant which were switching on "warm light" background when i was sitting down on the sofa, then switching to GRABBER when i played a movie and after completing the movie - if it was dark outside - it was switching on the solid background again with full brightness so i can find my way to the bed. It was working perfectly fine before the update (maybe it wasnt Alpha 9 but Alpha 8 and i skipped a version?), but now doesnt work at all. I was also planning to add USB capture to my set up to use it with my consoles, but that doesnt make sense now if i cannot use API to switch inputs back and forth.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!