Feedback RPi4 HDMI output to itself

• Hello everyone! New here, and I have a question that might be real stupid.

I'm trying to build a Kodi+ambilight setup with RPi4, Hyperion.NG and a SK9822 led strip (controlled by RPi4 SPI pins). I have no external source, just Kodi, but apparently due to Hyperion.NG not supporting GBM/V4L2 yet the platform grabber software is not working (see https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/983).

I have 2 options now. The first one is buying a RPi3b+ of course, but would it be possible to instead use a splitter+USB grabber combo to split the HDMI output from the RPi4+, and feedback it to the RPi4+ itself via USB, so that Hyperion can grab it?

It's a bit weird but getting the splitter/grabber gives me the possibility to add other sources such as Nintendo switch or whatever.

Has anyone tried?

• Yes, it works with splitter+USB grabber combo to split the HDMI output from the RPi4+, and feedback it to the RPi4+ itself via USB, so that Hyperion can grab it?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!