I've read that 490 is the maximum for Hyperion and WLED. My installation has about 250 LEDs. If I reduce the number of LEDs in the Hyperion edge setup, it works with fewer than 122 LEDs and exactly 122, but 123 and above only light up the first 122.
- Raspberry Pi Zero Hyperbian 2.0.0-alpha.9
- HDMI USB capture card (but manual mode is the same)
- NodeMCU ESP8266 driving LEDs
- APA102 LEDs
- 5V injected at beginning and end of strip. Measured > 4.5v in the middle
- WLED with IP address and updraw with port 19446 yield the same results
- I have another Hyperion (hosted in a Docker on my server, not on this Pi and separate WLED NodeMCU) on the same network with 122 LEDs controller by wled, not udpraw. This feels like too much of a coincidence.
The lights stop in the middle of the strip, not at a connector.
All LEDs work when controlled by WLED UI - effects and solid colors are both good.
When I click the Peek in WLED and Hyperion is controlling WLED, I see less half the bar of available LEDs lit (i.e. matches what's displayed).
This seems similar to https://www.reddit.com/r/WLED/…first_few_leds_only_work/ but my issue was not fixed with a switch to udpraw
Sample of Hyperion logs: https://pastebin.com/avE3as2a