How does color calibration work?

• Hi, I finished my ambilight yesterday but I'm very disappointed with the colors. I've used SK6812 RGBW NN because many people in the forum were recommending them but the colors seem very off. Every color seem very pale and they seem a lot to bright.

How does the calibration assistant work? I opened the white picture on my tv but if I change anything in the assistant there is no way to see the changes. Is there no saving to see what an adjustment actually does without leaving the whole assistant?

And how do I make blue darker for example with those 3x255 values?

If the whole screen is blue the led show a good blue, but if there ae only parts of the screen blue they show almost no blue or much to bright.

I would be very thankful if someone could explain the calibration to me.

In addition, I use a Fire TV Stick on on the grabber. It seems that even with black pictures the led glow white. But background lighting in Hyperion is disabled. This would explain the washed out colors as well. Any experience or ideas?

• Thank you!! That helped a ton. I did not find that post before. I don't know if backlight threshold got stuck before or something because I put it on 0 before, but it works 100% better now.

Maybe the change in resolution/size or the gamma, I really don't now. I'm happy :)

• Hello everyone,

I've also just finished my setup and am looking into colour calibration now.

Post number two on this thread does not show up with a link in my case.

Could someone re-post the link, please?

Thank you.

Rembrandt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!