HDMI splitter with CEC support

• Hi, I'm just in the process of installing WS2812B strips to my TV with Hyperion and have purchased a simple cheap HDMI capture card (with loop out) on AliExpress that supports 4k60. I planned to used this splitter with the outpout from my Odroid N2+ Kodi installation. However, after installation i see that the capture card doesn't support HDR passthrough or HDMI CEC. Can someone point to me to a device that I can use to preserve HDMI CEC and HDR on my TV? My Odroid N2+ with kodi has both HDMI and composite video output. Could i get a composite video to HDMI splitter to and then use this output into my HDMI capture card? I wasn't sure whether this would be possible since the Odroid N2+ might not be able to output to both HDMI and composite video simultaneously.

If this won't work, can someone point me to a HDMI splitter that preserves HDMI CEC and HDR support? TIA

• The FeinTech or Ezcoo - Splitters can do this, but sometimes they are not available.

I wasn't sure whether this would be possible since the Odroid N2+ might not be able to output to both HDMI and composite video simultaneously.

The easyiest way is, make sure if the N2+ gives simultaneously output of HDMI and Composite Video.

Than you can use a analog grabber for Hyperion and you have no problems with HDMI registrations.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• The short answer is yes. But you may need to experiment with the settings depending on your setup.

Zitat

??? ????? - Pls use good HDMI2.0 cable less than 15m/ 49ft. >> Connect 4K TV to splitter OUT 1, 1080p TV to OUT 2, set OUT 2 SCALER ON>>Get 4K HDR D-o-l-b-y Vision & D-o-l-b-y Atmos in sync, set EDID No.31 via micro-usb by PC, same setting for 1080p 120Hz.>>Set HDCP bypass by PC. NOT support 4K60hz & 1080p120hz work in sync.

I personally didn't have a DV tv at the time I was using it, so I can't say for certain.

• … but no downscaling with Dolby Vision. I think also HDR to SDR Tone Mapping isn’t possible. The only device that can do this is HDFury Diva. But it’s not cheap ~ 450 $.

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

• I used to use this one and it worked well with CEC + HDR if you follow the setup instructions correctly.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WR7KP1B/

I can confirm that this splitter works, Thanks for suggesting it.

My setup:

Nvidia Shield TV --->
    HDMI Switch --->Splitter --->
    TV --->
    Soundbar (ARC)
    | ------------>
    Capture card --->
    Pi4

Also i'm able to control the Shield with the TV's IR remote, which also confirms that CEC works.

I've tested this splitter with PS5, but instead of sending the signal to the capture card, i sent it so my PC monitor through a 10m long HDMI cable. Worked well.

• I can also confirm that the EZCOO SP12HAS has working CEC while still allowing Dolby Vision to passthrough output 1. Worked out of the box without any tinkering.

• Any particular reason you went with WS2812B and not SK6812 RGBNW ?

I'm not OP, but a wild guess would be, OP got the same setup as me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…042311.0.0.27424c4dO2BMH2

This kit is pretty much plug and play.

Normally you would be fine with this setup, until you realize that this LED kit is pretty slow compared to what's on the market. I actually just got into searching for alternative, faster led kit that would work with my setup as a possible upgrade.

• I'm not OP, but a wild guess would be, OP got the same setup as me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…042311.0.0.27424c4dO2BMH2

This kit is pretty much plug and play.

Normally you would be fine with this setup, until you realize that this LED kit is pretty slow compared to what's on the market. I actually just got into searching for alternative, faster led kit that would work with my setup as a possible upgrade.

That's an interesting all-in-one ambilight, didn't know it existed. It looks very reasonably priced for what it claims to do! Thanks for sharing!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!