Pi4 + Libreelec + WS2813 = low voltage on gpio

• Hi all,

since few weeks i have strang problem.

I'm using Pi4 with level shifter (as described here https://learn.adafruit.com/neo…ry-pi/raspberry-pi-wiring).

Everything works great untill now.

I see when, for example refrigerator starting, led make one flash at refrigerator starts, and pne flash when stops.

I measured voltage on gpio21..about 0,6v. I changed gpip to gpio19 on Hyperion management page, and this same voltage 0,6v as before on gpio21.

Then I force pull up gpio21 to high, after boot voltage 3,3v and on level shifter 5v

If i change on Hyperion gpio back again from gpio19 to gpio21 voltage again fall to 0,6v.

Could some on tell me what happend in my envairoment?

I use Libreelec v19.

Hyperion Aplha 9.

Pi4 4GB.

• Hi, something similar to your solution. Rise signal as yours from 3,3 to 5v. Works well since january.

But I'm wondering why I have 0,6v on gpio pin when mesured direct on Raspberry pins.

I have never before measure voltage on pins but I always thinking that should always be 3,3v. Am I right?

Abut below picture. 0,6v mesured between blue and black.

led_strips_raspi_NeoPixel_Level_Shifted_bb.jpg

• to be fair, that kind of level shifters are not really equiped to transmit high currents for a long time, its meant for instance opening a relais with the GPIO output or something.

I read this on several websites

this 74ahct125 only costs 150 cents so you can't expect much. :)

its all electronics

i measure it myself before and underload ( with DI and CLK attached) i measure only 0.30 volts and 0.19 volts on SPI, ledstrip not attached is the same results almost.

you can only measure with scope to see if data signal is being generated by GPIO, or use a testprogram if using SPI controller on MISO and MOSI

• Thank You for your time and tests.

Last question...what kind of level shifter vcan handle high currents?

Something like this on your picture?

I will try send Pi on warranty or buy new one :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!