[HELP] Going for 4k HDR with Netflix/Amazon Prime ...

• Hi guys! I saw some tutorials to install Hyperion + leds but I went to fast and I didnt read enought...

Now I have this system:

- PC with Kodi (HDMI source), connected to capture card (this card) and the card connected to raspberry pi 4 for controlling leds.

All was fine until I realized that config isn´t enought for Netflix 4k HDR. First of all I need Firestick 4k (obviously) but I cant plug firestick in the capture card due to DHCP problem....

My question is:

- What more hardware I need to get for play 4k hdr from netflix/amazon prime..... : Firestick -> ¿¿¿HDMI Splitter??? -> Capture card -> TV .

I can acomplish this setup with all hdmi splitters ? I mean if all HDMI splitters remove hdcp or dont

My capture card is capable to transmit HDR to my TV or that work isnt for the capture card?

Thanks for all guys.

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • try it anyway, its for free so can't hurt.

They say most of the time all kind of stuff in discriptions of apps, has to do with regulations ( or pretending) .

i tried it myself just now, I have a Shield and when i press Netflix button then no stream from the app.

omg clever basterds, luckily for me i have my "backup" HDMI converter setup.

i am using Xolorspace splitter and HDMI av converter on USB capturing, works great.

drawback on Hyperbian Hyperion 2.10, HDR/dolby vision gives you washed out colours in Hyperion live feed, thus leds.

some people use HyperHDR for this from dev Awawa

• https://xolorspace.com/collect…th-downscaler-4k-to-1080p

this is the one i have now, very happy with it.

i was thinking to make a nice schematics of my build, but time problems.

takes a lot of time to do it right :)

i made a quick sketch how my setup is basically, some thing are left out but they are not important for someone else.

now you can see how i did it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lighting-guy77 into this post.

• Ambientheater77 does this xolorspace splitter passes CEC information over?

Here is my current setup:

My issue is, CEC only sort of works. So for example Volume control CEC commands are not sent over to chain, which is quite annoying. Luckily i can control the TV through IR with the Shield's remote, but that perfect either.

Although as i'm writing this, maybe using a capture card that actually does a proper pass-through would be better.

J6Hjp6B.png

• does this xolorspace splitter passes CEC information over?

FEATURES

Support HDMI 2.0, HDCP2.2

Support 3D video format

Support high resolution up to 3840X2160/60HZ

Support the max baud rate of 18Gbps and TMDS clock can be up to 600 MHz

Support 8/10/12 bit deep color

Support audio format: DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/DTS/Dolby-AC3/DSD

Support AWG26 HDMI standard cable:

when the resolution is 1080p and below, input up to 10 meters, output to 8 meters.

when the resolution is 4K, input up to 3 meters, output up to 3 meters.

*The specifications only subject to XOLORspace HDMI cables, but not all HDMI cables can be up to these lengths, for other cables are with unknown quality and specifications.

Support single HDMI source,accessing to multiple HDMI sinks, the source can be DVD player, A/V receiver, set top box and etc.

Built-in IR extension function.( it can work with our hdmi 2.0 repeater which has IR-RX to receive the IR command to remote control the source)

Support serial port online upgrade

Support EDID management

with my setup CEC works from the TV (to AVR) to Nvidia Shield pro and vice versa

i use the infrared from the Shield remote for the AVR, CEC is used by tv to Shield.

if i use the remote from tv then i can control the Shield

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!