Setup wiring/schematics for basic building of Hyperion / Raspi/ Hyperbian with HDMI/av capture and backup android grabber

• hello folks,

i wanted to share my setup in some of drawing form, Raspi runs on hyperbian 2.10 Alpha and has a switch board connected to it.

This is just the basics and wiring how i made it.

Setup is made with 2 channel HDMI 4K splitter, not included is my switchbox and Receiver.

Questions feel free to ask, maybe this can help people to understand better and help visualise the Hyperion hardware builds on Raspi in general. :)

links to the splitter i am using>> https://xolorspace.com/collect…th-downscaler-4k-to-1080p

Android grabber can not be used while watching Amazon or netflix..... but with Youtube and all kind of apps it works :)

https://play.google.com/store/…periongrabber&hl=nl&gl=US

• Ambientheater77

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Setup wiring/schematics for basic building of Hyperion / Raspi/ Hyperbian with android grabber“ zu „Setup wiring/schematics for basic building of Hyperion / Raspi/ Hyperbian with HDMI/av capture and backup android grabber“ geändert.
  • Hello, Lightning-guy77!
    Thanks for your illustration, is very helpuly.

I want to repeat a similar hyperion. If your have is time, please give me a hint.

Hardware:

- 1x Monitor 4096x2304

- 1x PC with GPU

GPU has free jack HDMI, and I'm not sure about the need for a HDMI splitter. I can duplicate picture for hyperion in windows settings.

Changed your diagram to illustrate this.

HDMI to CVBS - Aliexpress

Do you think this will work?

Which Raspberry pi is better to take? I think I'll take Zero 1.3, it cheaply - Aliexpress.

Thanks for your attention and help.

• the illustration is fine, if you can succesfully duplicate the live feed then this setup should work.

I would say when using a zeroW (WIFI) you can't steer to much leds, this Raspi is single core and not that powerfull.

for tasks as W-Led its perfect but to steer the leds directly from GPIO and having to do rendering as well for live feed into Hyperion.NG can be too much.

so what people do is decreasing the live feed and having a real low resolution to work with.

If you want more power/quality then i would suggest to look for a Raspi 3b, these are quadcores and have much more power but still affordable :)

• But why with an old analog grabber and HDMI to CVBS?

There may also be restrictions when using 2 outputs on PC (EDID)

regards pclin

EDIT:

And if you only want to play from the PC, you can do without the PI and Grabber entirely and install Hyperion directly on the PC.

PC with Hyperion > ESP with WLED > Stripes

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Hello, pclin!

I don't know all the novelties yet. Guided by the Lightning-guy77's illustration.

I also thought about EDID. But it needs to be checked.

About PC with Hyperion. Сhecked Adrilight. It significantly loads the PC processor (5-10%). And, it seems to me that some games such software will take it for cheats. In any case, the fps will decrease.

pclin, can you tell me, could it be the same with Hyperion on ESP?

Thanks pclin and Lightning-guy77!!

• And if you only want to play from the PC, you can do without the PI and Grabber entirely and install Hyperion directly on the PC.

PC with Hyperion > ESP with WLED > Stripes

addition to this, yes you can do this danilbin you have to set hyperion ( windows app) only on framegrabber,

then with Wled and esp8266 NodeMCU you can make the ambilight.

for this route you don't need the Raspberry Pi and USB grabber.

Framegrabber build in in Hyperion grabs the screen for you in the software app and then you can steer the leds with Wled> over WIFI! :)

About PC with Hyperion. Сhecked Adrilight. It significantly loads the PC processor (5-10%)

i think Hyperion will not take that lot of juice on a fast PC, the Hyperion app on Windows is really easy and i would check it out.

NodeMCU esp8266 only costs a few euro's > you need a sketch for that to make it work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!