USB C Cable - Colorcode ?

• hello

I would like to supply my raspberry 4 with power from the power supply unit. now I have cut the USB C cable open and see 5 wires.

Red, green, white, yellow and a bare wire.

Red will probably be 5V+, but what is GND?

• the bare one.

why power it like that? you can also better power it on the PINS directly when not using a smart charger ( like smartphone type)

https://pinout.xyz/pinout/ground

PIN 2 or 4

So, or use a USB-C connector and smart charger on the PI,

then connect common GND together

Or, use the PSU to power the PI and use the PIN 2/4 for 5volts power

then connect common GND together.

common GND is connecting 2 or more PINs GND PI> to GND ledstrip> to V- or GND of PSU

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• even in the Github fora it describes you can use the +5 volt power PIN directly to power the PI .

the PINs are there for a reason.

USB-C is a protocol for usb connection which expects to be the PI being connected to a smartcharger, this smartcharger detects a device that ask more current so will provide it then with more...

USB-C is smart, connecting to a PSU will disable that feature, so less current available for the PI > will result in voltage dropping.

If i was you i power the PI in the 2 ways i described. One or the other.

each to his own. ;)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!