LEDs not responding properly on USB input signal

• Hi,

I'm grabbing a USB camera signal (see my configuration below) and the LEDs react weirdly.

First, I captured a Samsung TV screen. The LEDs responded very irregularly and seldom matched the colors on the screen.

To find the bug, I'm now using my Smartphone to show a single color full screen (using the app "Pocket Softbox") and see what happens with the LEDs. Well, the colors only match when I start my Raspi or restart the Hyperion service in an SSH session using the command

Code
    sudo -s
    systemctl restart hyperion@pi.service

However, when I change the color on that screen, one of the following effects occurs:

Either

• the LEDs do not react at all or
    • the LEDs react with a delay of 15 to 60 seconds and many (not all) LEDs show an almost matching color or
    • the LEDs react with a delay and show another random, non-repeating pattern

I checked back with the Live Video Preview in Hyperion.NG and this matches the captured screen. It's just the LEDs not working.

For a comparison, I also used a TV grabber (with Macrosil chipset) - which also leads to weird LED reactions while the Live Video Preview is fine.

This is my configuration:

Hardware:

• Raspi 3b+
    • Webcam Logitech Pro 9000 (which is recognized as UVC camera)
    • TV grabber EasyDay EasyCap DC60 with Macrosil Chipset
    • LED strip WS2801

Software:

• Hyperbian with Hyperion.NG Alpha 10

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!