SK6812 LEDs not turning off!

• Hi.

Hyperion is not turning off LEDs when I turn off my HDMI device (Nvidia Shield TV). The LEDs switch to some kind of static rainbow test pattern. I can't find a way to turn it off without physically unplugging the Pi.

SK6812 strip

233 LEDs

Hyperion 2.0.0-alpha.10.1

Pi 3

HDMI capture card

LED strip data wire is connected to GPIO10 on the Pi.

Selected SK6812spi controller type, with 0.0 (/dev/spidev0.0) as the SPI device. Baud rate is 4000000.

All effects are turned off.

Signal Detection is enabled under "USB Capture".

Anyone able to help?

- Junglejuz

• what you are seeing is current that runs trough the ledstrip without data.

if you want to end this, just install a relais between the +5volts PSU power and the +5volts line of the ledstrip.

When you cut off the power with relais then everything is pitchblack, there's nothing much that you can do about this problem.

I have the same on SPI ledcontroller, when i turn on my switchbox without starting the Raspi > then i get after a while some kind of that testpattern" where the lights are displaying all kinds of colours. This happens without Hyperion running or the Raspi...

so i made a relais, when switched for only a second or less everything is pich black again.

hopes this helps you.

• you need a relay with toggle function, so one push on button holds relais until push again.

relais you can order on aliexpress or any other

wait: are you talking about the vertical stripes in rainbow colours?? thats coming from HDMI capture card,

in that case you need to alter the signal detection settings in Hyperion.

i am/was talking about something else that can occur when ledstrip gets power but no data

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!