newbie need help, please

• Hello, I am totally new to the field and would like to equip my 4K 85 inch with the Ambilight function. I still have the following LED strips here, but as I read it, these are probably not to be used. Is that correct ?

5M 96LEDs/m RGB+CCT 5 IN1 LED Strip Light 5050 SMD 36W RGB+White+Warm White RGBWW LED Flexible Tape 12MM White PCB DC24V|LED Strips| - AliExpress

The Rapsberry 4 has been ordered, the capture card i wanted to take:

Y & H 4K HDR HDMI 2,0 Game Capture Karte USB 3,0 Video Rekord und Live Streaming 1080P 60fps mit Rekord Party Chat ezcap269|Video & TV Tuner Cards| - AliExpress

is that okay? My TV has HDR Dolby Vision and 4K, this should be supported.

If the strips are not okay and the capture card could be better, I would ask you to tell me the parts that represent the maximum or optimum, as it is very important to me that it looks TOP.

Thanks for all the answers

Unfortunately, I don't see a foolproof tutorial either, if someone here could take me by the hand, I would be very grateful

Equipment

Marantz AV 8805, which receives the data from the Panasonic UB90004EG1 or Apple TV 4K 2021, TV Sony XR85X95J

Tobi

• Led Stripe SK6812 RGBW-NW. 30 or 60 LED/m.

Grabber is OK, HDR colors need to be compensated.

Some users report that AV Access 4KVC00 HDR to SDR tone mapping works.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hmm, ar 96 LED Strips are better ? What do u mena with compensated ? Is there a better grabber ? I wanna have the best picture quality on my TV, that is possible, i want no loss espiacelly at HDR

• 96 LED Strips are better ? NO

96 is only brighter, but less details. 60 LED if you have a distance of less than 12 cm from the TV to the wall, better 30 LED if the distance is greater. Otherwise there are only colored areas.

Most grabbers cannot HDR to SDR tone mapping, colors are then washed out and have to be compensated, this does not work automatically.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• My distance to the wall is about 60 cm. Should the stripes shine at wall or more at the ceiling ?

Most grabbers cannot HDR to SDR tone mapping, colors are then washed out and have to be compensated, this does not work automatically.

Sorry but i am to dumb to understand it. I only wanna the max on Ambilight :(

• The LEDs behind the TV shine on the wall and are reflected by the wall. LEDs have a beam angle of 120 degrees. The greater the distance and the number of LEDs, the more e.g. dark LED's are outshone by bright ones next to them, resulting in few details.

Without HDR to SDR tone mapping ou have to switch the colors yourself, adapting them to HDR or SDR.

regards pclin

Here you can see Pictures.

HDR to SDR tone mapping is supported by HD Fury Diva and possibly by AV Access 4KVC00.

With other grabbers you have to switch this manually.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von pclin mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!