Help with direct control from Pi of WS2812s

• Cross post from https://github.com/hyperion-pr…erion.ng/discussions/1362

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here. Currently I run Hyperion on a Pi and then use WLED to directly drive the LEDs themselves (WS2812B's). It works mostly OK but the wifi lag on the ESP/WLED is annoying and I get occasional disconnects. Thinking of wiring the Pi in directly to the LEDs.

Currently i wire my ESP like I have in the attached picture. The main difference is I power the ESP board over the USB, so no 5v/ground from the power supply to the ESP board. Basically 3v, ground, and a data wire go from the ESP through a logic level shifter (low side for the ESP, high to the power supply) to the LEDs. The issue is when I unplug from the ESP and move the wires to the Pi (same thing, 3v, ground, and to GPIO 18) I get nothing. Can't even do a manual effect/control the LEDs that way. I've change the setting in Hyperion to "ws281x" for LED controller type, clicked save...nothing. Do I need to set something on the Pi for it to work? Install something?

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Figured out my issue. Swear I was running Hyperion as root but apparently I was not. Once I was running as root, things worked as expected.

Forgot to mark resolved.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FuzzyMistborn () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by FuzzyMistborn into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!